Talk

Advanced search

Where do you buy your oils from? For oil cleansing/general skin care?

(5 Posts)
PacificDogwod Sun 01-May-16 23:17:52

I am looking at jojoba and rose hip oil and Amazon seems to have a huge selection. Cold-pressed, organic, yadda yadda, but as ever, I am confused by choice grin

So, where do you buy from?
And what should I expect to pay for 100ml, say?

I'm 50, dry/dehydrated skin and my first foray in to using Bodyshop's Oils for Life has been successful if a bit expensive….

whatamess0815 Mon 02-May-16 07:17:59

oil cleansing - olive oil from Aldi and caster oil from eBay or Amazon.

I only use rosehip oil. get it from Amazon. I use the one from green keratin. organic and a decent sized bottle for under £20 which lasts ages. and it has a pump - easy and not messy to get the oil out. found this always a flaw with the other makes.

Floisme Mon 02-May-16 09:08:09

Almond or coconut oil from the supermarket - grocery section. Almond oil is a couple of quid for a big bottle. Coconut oil is about £6 for a 300 mil jar.

Wheatgerm or avocado oil from Holland and Barret. About £3.99 for 100 mil I think.

I use them for cleansing and moisturising.

EmpressTomatoKetchup Mon 02-May-16 10:10:45

From this eBay shop stores.ebay.co.uk/amournatural/

EmpressTomatoKetchup Mon 02-May-16 10:14:30

I should say I made my own face oil inspired by BS OfL after reading another thread on S&B, 10ml Jojoba, 10ml EVOO 3 drops geranium, 3 drops lavender. Have been using it for a week, it's quite lovely.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now