Eyebrow wax rash

(5 Posts)
longdiling Sun 01-May-16 13:21:05

I had my eyebrows waxed for the first time yesterday and was really pleased at first but over the course of the day I've now developed a horrible red lumpy rash above my eyebrows. Any advice on what I can put on it to soothe it?! Would I be less likely to get this if I had them threaded next time?

treeagate Sun 01-May-16 19:12:36

My friend had this - you must be allergic to something in the wax as she was. Get to the chemist for some allergy relief like piriton. In the meantime a cold compress may help and don't apply any creams or makeup

Scarydinosaurs Sun 01-May-16 19:15:38

Aloe Vera could help if it's a burn from the wax? And take an antihistamine in case it is an allergy?

longdiling Sun 01-May-16 19:18:59

Thanks! No aloe vera gel or anti histamines in so I'll pop out and get them tomorrow. In the meantime I have found some calamine lotion and popped that on. It looks awful so I have popped cover up on when I went out earlier.

Scarydinosaurs Sun 01-May-16 22:31:28

As hard as it is, try and not to put anything on your skin for a little while- it would be dreadful to irritate it further.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now