Talk

Advanced search

Did anything ever shrink your large pores?

(6 Posts)
QuiteLikely5 Sun 01-May-16 08:25:52

As I have got older my pores are getting bigger (boo hoo) and yesterday they looked huge!

Has anyone ever found a good product or know how I can shrink my pores?

smile

ThisisMrsNicolaHicklin Sun 01-May-16 09:56:44

I like the Nip+Fan glycolic fix and the B range from Superdrug. If I don't use them for a bit I look a bit like I've been shelled grin

Kirriemuir Sun 01-May-16 10:22:42

Yes. It's called pixie glow tonic. On qvc. Try it in their 30 day money back guarantee b

DailyFailAreABunchOfCunts Sun 01-May-16 10:40:23

To quote Caroline Hirons - pores aren't doors, you can't open and close them. All you can do is keep them clean and improve their appearance. You can also disguise them.

If you suffer from acne, then salicylic acid is best. To see how you get on with it, a budget option is the Clearasil 5in1 pads - these. They have a high alcohol content though so if you have sensitive skin they might be a bit fierce for you. Use them gently as the surface of the pad is quite abrasive. Avoid your eye area.

If acne isn't an issue then try glycolic acid - the Nip + Fab pads aren't bad - these.

If you find that acid toning improves the look of your pores, then you can look at more expensive options if you want - such as the Pixi range. Larger M&S stores carry it if you want to have a look.

If you want to disguise them as part of your makeup, then a good primer will act as a filler. I am currently using Benefit The Porefessional. If you are looking for a budget friendly one the Soap & Glory primer is quite good.

RapidlyOscillating Sun 01-May-16 10:47:03

All the reading that I have done (disclaimer - new to this) recommends a milder than needed for acne salicylic acid treatment for large pores (which are apparently called sebaceous filaments really).

I am using Nip and Fab Dragons Blood pads and 'Yes to Tomatoes' 1% Salicylic Acid ( www.boots.com/en/Yes-to-Tomatoes-Daily-Repair-Treatment-50ml-for-Combination-Skin_1658279/ ) with good success.

DailyFailAreABunchOfCunts Sun 01-May-16 11:03:35

What people commonly think of as 'blackheads' are usually sebaceous filaments. You can clear your pores of these as it's basically gunk, but you need to do it regularly. A basic routine is:

Cleanse face, apply clay based mask for 10 mins. Wash off and pat dry, apply acid toner (there are particular requirements for what it needs to do so google this). Wait 20-30 mins then use an oil based cleanser and gently massage the areas of your face that you want to target. Do this for a maximum of two mins, then wash off and pat dry. When massaging you might feel little gritty pieces on your face - this is the sebaceous filaments being lifted out of the pores.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now