What to wear with this skirt for wedding

(6 Posts)
ImBrian Sun 01-May-16 07:49:11

I have bought this skirt for a friends wedding in July and need some help with what to wear it with.

I like how the lady in the photo is wearing it but I think a t shirt may not be dressy enough and I'd like to go more fitted on top.

I'm 5ft 11 so heels need to be on the smaller side ideally and a size 10.

Thanks

Laquila Sun 01-May-16 09:36:14

Gorgeous skirt! Have you looked in Next? They had a few black shell tops that night work - I think there was once one with short sleeves and a scalloped hem, but more formal then a t-shirt. Another option is a sleeveless silk blouse, like a pussybow type, but that might make the whole look a bit too secretary. I've also got a sleeveless scoop-neck black crepe top from M&S that is very simple but would look good tucked in.

ScarlettDarling Sun 01-May-16 09:38:51

This skirt is very similar and I love the way it's been styled

ScarlettDarling Sun 01-May-16 09:42:37

Here's the link to the pic I posted www.asos.com/asos/asos-pleated-midi-skirt/prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=6405829&clr=Green&SearchQuery=midi+skirt&pgesize=36&pge=1&totalstyles=1042&gridsize=3&gridrow=11&gridcolumn=3

ImBrian Sun 01-May-16 17:32:31

Thanks I'll have a look in next. I have s top similar to the asos one but because it's loose it makes me look a bit frumpy so thought fitted would be a better option.

tinybellows Sun 01-May-16 17:36:07

A silk t shirt?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now