Talk

Advanced search

22 days to improve shape - best tips?

(18 Posts)
Disabrie22 Sun 01-May-16 01:09:05

22 days before I go on holiday with some extremely glamorous people - your best tips for sorting out my wobbley bits please! Xxxx

Kummerspeck Sun 01-May-16 01:10:45

Cut out carbs and weight train furiously

DelphiniumBlue Sun 01-May-16 01:11:46

That's quite a tight frame! Watching with interest- I have 4 weeks till my holiday and am thinking nothing is going to show results in that time. Hoping someone can prove me wrong!

HerRoyalNotness Sun 01-May-16 01:54:58

Callanetics! Although you might not have time for much effect but it really works. Draws the muscles in, everything tightens and looks leaner digs out DVDs

DianaT1969 Sun 01-May-16 07:03:12

Vibration plate machines. Go to a gym which has a couple (get induction on how to exercise on them safely) and you'll find they're your best friend in toning the whole body in record time.

Eastpoint Sun 01-May-16 07:08:04

HIIT - high intensity interval training. Skip for 30 seconds, rest for 30, repeat. Walking lunges for 30 secs, rest for 30 repeat. Triceps dips for 30 rest repeat. Push-ups for 30 secs, rest repeat. Step ups onto a bench for 30 secs, rest repeat. If you do 5 minutes of each exercise you'll have a basic hard workout in under ½ hour.

tellyjots Sun 01-May-16 07:14:51

Google the body coach for some hiit workouts.

If you can eliminate bread, pasta and potatoes in that time it will make a big difference.

Drink lots of water and body brush too.

OverAndAbove Sun 01-May-16 07:58:23

Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. You'll notice a difference after about 10 days.

margaritasbythesea Sun 01-May-16 08:10:06

Interesting...

Bostin Sun 01-May-16 08:12:19

Second Callanetics. Everything will be tighter and smaller.

QuiteLikely5 Sun 01-May-16 08:21:12

Low carbing will have the weight melting off you!

To start just plan a three day meal schedule and buy the ingredients in advance.

I'm going in 20 days and have given up thinking I'm going to be a beach babe!
Joined slimming world and lost 6 pounds in week one then 5 pounds in week 2 and have missed the last two due to parents evening and sickness.
I think buying some new holiday clothes has definitely helped me get in the mood and to think that actually I'm ok. There's always someone bigger/smaller/prettier/ etc and they have most likely got their own hang ups without worrying about mine.
20 days isn't a long time op, I would concentrate on making the best of yourself, nice skin, hair, nails, make up if worn and get some new bits and bobs for holiday.
I can't wait to go! Have a great time smile

JapanNextYear Sun 01-May-16 08:30:36

Get a spray tan...

I did circuits 5 days a week for a month after Christmas. It toned my body. Basically the 30 day shred. But you do have to fo it. I found paying up front to have a man shouting at me in a field was surprising motivator.

mowglik Sun 01-May-16 09:44:58

Agree 20 days of low carbing will see the weight melt off and also your tummy will be a lot less bloated and tighter.

Add in daily yoga or Pilates to tighten your midsection

I would also do some weight training for better tone and less saggy bits

Lastly work on your posture and figure out your best photo poses grin

leadrightfoot Sun 01-May-16 09:52:34

Kettle bells
Circuit training
Low carb
Hair cut
Spray tan
Nails done

leadrightfoot Sun 01-May-16 09:56:20

Oh and plank work up to 5 mins twice a day but do it properly bum in line not up in air or hips on ground

revealall Sun 01-May-16 10:07:38

Absolutely yes to Shred and low carbs. You have 3 weeks so could easily shift half a stone and tone up. If you aren't veggie then eating only meat and fish for 3 -5 days is a great way to get into a low carb mindset. Helps you figure out what's hunger ( because you can eat when you like) and what's a craving. And you are so desperate for veg you really don't want cake by the end of it!
Also getting feet, hair, nails etc done is really effective at making you feel more goddess like.

DelphiniumBlue Sun 01-May-16 11:20:55

Well I am sceptical that any of these will show results that fast, butam giving it a go. Low carbing/weights/callanetics starting today!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now