Talk

Advanced search

Help me! Oh gurus of Style!

(10 Posts)
pyrowall Sat 30-Apr-16 23:53:20

I need a shirt!

I need a shirt for my graduation at the end of June. I don't own a collared shirt - which it needs to be to hold my gown in place!

I CANNOT find one that fits or meets my - rather picky - specs!

Oh help me - gurus of style!

I'm 16/18 and rather large of bust!
I don't do white or boob pockets (what are they all about!)

I don't have a lot to spent so none of your designer stuff - more along the lines of phase eight, coast, Wallis type price range.

Can anyone help!

MrsLettuce Sun 01-May-16 00:02:57

What colour would you like?

navy here they have a couple of others.

TBH if you want closely fitted it's usually best to get one that fits the frontage and have it altered to fit at the waist. Otherwise the M&S no gape ones might be worth a look.

Kirriemuir Sun 01-May-16 10:40:21

Pepperberry.

Scotslasslivinginfrance Sun 01-May-16 10:54:50

Does it have to be a shirt? I wore a dress. Is that an option?

pyrowall Sun 01-May-16 11:25:19

Scotslass - I suppose it doesn't have to be a shirt but it needs to have something to hold my gown too.

It's not my first graduation, but first for a long time.

pyrowall Sun 01-May-16 11:26:43

Kirrie - I've looked at pepperberry, not terribly inspired.
There's one close to work so I might pop in and try one on

GunShotResidue Sun 01-May-16 11:34:30

I wore a dress and took a safety pin to my graduation, but the gowns had been designed so they could be attached to any clothing.

Fpmd1710 Sun 01-May-16 22:53:24

I'm not sure if you have a specific colour in mind, but I've just bought this one and it's a lovely fit (I have large boobs and often find shirts ill fitting because of this). Also it's decent price at just £15

Youremywifenow Sun 01-May-16 23:19:41

Agreed that you don't need a shirt. I have to wear the gown every year and you just need safety pins, one on each shoulder and one at the front where the buttonhole is. I've never worn a shirt.
Wear something non flouncy underneath with fabulous shoes.

travailtotravel Sun 01-May-16 23:32:50

M&S - cheap as chips. I bought a bright blue no gape one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now