Talk

Advanced search

Does fake tan go off?

(8 Posts)
SamanthaBrique Sat 30-Apr-16 09:15:59

I found some quite frankly, ancient spray tan mousse in the back of my cupboard the other day. Fake Bake from about 2007 I think. Would I be foolish to use it on my legs? What's the worst that could happen??

pratiaalba Sat 30-Apr-16 09:23:31

I would worry it would go v streaky, tbh. I have some clarins self tan, unused for same reason.

WellErrr Sat 30-Apr-16 09:24:09

Yes, it goes green and streaky. Don't do it!

Teaandcakeat8 Sat 30-Apr-16 09:28:54

You will go green, actually the tan itself is probably green by now. Have you opened it?

SamanthaBrique Sat 30-Apr-16 09:29:52

Right, off to Boots then!

Next question - what brands are good but won't break the bank? I prefer the dry spray mist type as I hate hanging around waiting for it to dry. Is Boots or Superdrug own brand any good?

SamanthaBrique Sat 30-Apr-16 09:31:26

Yes tea, it was opened and last used in 2007. Better buy some new in that case. I don't want to be too fashion forward and the alien look is SO 3016!

WellErrr Sat 30-Apr-16 10:17:05

Best one I've bought in recent years is <racks brain> it was a really cheap one. Aargh what is it!??

When the baby's asleep I'll go have a look!

Beketaten Sat 30-Apr-16 13:09:10

I really rate the St Tropez luxe oil one. Not the cheapest, but dries fast and gives a great result. Cheaper to buy online though, I can see it at Beauty Bay for £17.40.
www.sttropeztan.co.uk/luxe-dry-oil/

Cocoa Brown at Superdrug has a lot of fans here, haven't tried it myself.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now