Talk

Advanced search

Backpack

(7 Posts)
MagpieCursedTea Fri 29-Apr-16 19:23:35

I think carrying a shoulder bag is responsible for the shoulder/back pain I've been getting. I'm looking for a bag I can carry on my back that's pretty, stylish and doesn't make me look like I'm on my way to school.
I wear a lot of hippyish, floaty dresses. So I'd like something to match that look. I'm not a huge fan of drawstring and would prefer zips or buckles. I need it to be at least a bit water proof so nothing made of flimsy fabric. It doesn't need to be massive, just enough to carry keys, phone, purse, make up and general day to day things.
I think that's all my criteria, any suggestions?

specialsubject Fri 29-Apr-16 19:27:04

what else are you carrying? With that lot you can get away with a fashion backpack, but make sure it is not covered in useless heavy shit; buckles, zips, metal logos and so on.

if there's more, e.g a laptop, you need a hip belt to spread the load. That will look a bit odd with a dress but depends if you mind being the most fashionable person at physio.

MagpieCursedTea Fri 29-Apr-16 20:37:26

No laptop or anything heavy, just stuff that I'd normally keep in a handbag but having it on my shoulder is causing pain (I walk a lot) so just hoping a backpack will be more comfortable. I also think that having one strap on my shoulder means tense up or have my hand on it to stop it sliding down which isn't helping the pain.

specialsubject Fri 29-Apr-16 20:53:36

sounds right. Keep it minimal and a lightweight backpack should do the trick. As fashion websites don't give weights I don't know where you'd get one, but I'm sure someone will!

Wolfiefan Fri 29-Apr-16 20:56:16

I can't use a backpack because of back pain. I use a healthy back bag.

gonegrey56 Fri 29-Apr-16 20:56:33

Longchamp do a small backpack, just right for most daily basics. Like you, I have suffered serious shoulder and back pain from over heavy bags worn on one shoulder . I have two backpacks from the Le Pliage range at Longchamp and they have worn well and still look smart. One in beige and one pale grey .
Others to look at are the range from the Swedish company Fjallraven. Google the name for uk suppliers or the website. Great colours and quirky styles . I have a silver one bought a few years back ! I love it .

Turbinaria Fri 29-Apr-16 21:01:59

These were on the John Lewis website
www.johnlewis.com/mi-pac-sakura-backpack-navy/p2527669
www.johnlewis.com/orla-kiely-giant-flower-spot-backpack-multi/p2541095

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now