Talk

Advanced search

Going out tomorrow - what shall I do about tights?

(11 Posts)
sunnydayinmay Fri 29-Apr-16 17:18:02

Rare proper night out in London. Drinks in private member's bar, into decent hotel restaurant, back to another hotel bar afterwards.

I haven't had time to even think about whqt to wear, so it will be my black dress from Karen Millan.

But what on my feet? Too bloody cold for sandals, and my toes are covered in chilblains so not pretty.

Nude tights and shoes look to "work function" in my head.

Black tights and shoes? Black tights and boots? Will they be smart enough? To wintery?

Help!!!

sunnydayinmay Fri 29-Apr-16 17:19:15

Sorry for the typos. "Too", obviously, not " to"...

Abraid2 Fri 29-Apr-16 17:20:58

Pewter or grey tights?
Lacy tights?

Wendied Fri 29-Apr-16 17:24:40

Black tights and patent leather heels.

neveradullmoment99 Fri 29-Apr-16 17:26:24

This is my problem too. You could do closed toe shoes and semi sheer black tights or you could do ankle boots and black tights. It is very difficult. I have a night out next week and plan to wear a black dress but god knows about my feet. Pewter tights? That would look odd i think. I'm not a lacey tights person either. Please keep the suggestions coming in!!!

sunnydayinmay Fri 29-Apr-16 17:45:45

Think I'm going have to spend an hour trying various combinations on tonight. It's nearly May!

(Next week is even worse, as I have a christening to go to and I have a summer dress planned...)

fiorentina Fri 29-Apr-16 20:31:33

I braved a christening last weekend in sandals no tights but for a night out I would be in black tights and shoe boots or nice ankle boots unless it's literally taxi to bar?!

Nettletheelf Fri 29-Apr-16 21:16:34

If I didn't think that I'd be outside much, and there was no snow on the ground, I'd wear the sandals with exposed toes anyway. It will be warm indoors!

neveradullmoment99 Fri 29-Apr-16 21:27:14

There is no way i would be bearing my legs right now. Far too cold.

sunnydayinmay Fri 29-Apr-16 21:38:46

Problem is, it will involve a bit of a walk.

I can do midwinter and midsummer, but this is stupid weather.

Are nude tights a definite no at the moment? I usually live in opaques, but just don't want to look too wintery.

EllenDegenerate Fri 29-Apr-16 21:43:50

Fishnets and a high stiletto heel bright coloured court shoe. Orange/Fuschia/cobalt.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now