Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Shoe recommendations for plantar fascitis

(16 Posts)
Lottapianos Fri 29-Apr-16 07:44:02

A friend is suffering at the moment and is down to only one pair of trainers that she can wear comfortably. She has an insole to wear which is helping but needs some shoe recommendations

She knows to avoid ballet flats and flip flops. I was thinking something like Nike Roshe with their slight wedge might be an option. Any other suggestions? Thanks

ggirl Fri 29-Apr-16 07:47:23

any Fitflop style are comfy with PF (not the most attractive but I was past caring tbh)
also sketchers ones with memory foam I find comfy .

FaithlessOne Fri 29-Apr-16 07:52:36

Go Walk's are great.

lasermum Fri 29-Apr-16 08:45:57

Another vote for Sketchers Go Walk

Toffeelatteplease Fri 29-Apr-16 08:47:54

Dr martens, kickers

leedy Fri 29-Apr-16 09:06:29

I think it depends on the person - for me Fitflops were terrible because they didn't have enough arch support. Nike Roshe was indeed very good, Birkenstocks were excellent - I was particularly happy when I discovered that they also do shoes so I didn't have to wear sandals in the rain. My doctor was skeptical about the Birks as they don't have a lot of cushioning in the heel, but for me the arch support made up for it.

I hope your friend's PF clears up soon, it's very annoying. It took a few months of sensible footwear, millions of calf stretches, and (eventually) a cortisone shot into my heel to totally get rid of mine, and I'm still very careful about what shoes I wear.

feelingmiffed Fri 29-Apr-16 09:15:45

I struggle with PF, I've just bought myself a pair of fly London sandals which seem good. I believe they also do boots and shoes.

EmpressTomatoKetchup Fri 29-Apr-16 09:34:24

I have PF and flat feet. I wear an insole with all shoes, prefer lace ups to stop my feet moving around. I have a pair of old Nike running shoes designed for over pronating feet for when it gets really bad. I'm currently wearing Nike internationalists and might get some Air Max because they are slightly elevated at the heel.
I also wear Birkenstocks, DMs and Crocs. have recently chucked out some Superga and converse as the upper seems to slacken with age and my feet just seem unsupported. Good luck with shoe shopping!

MrsT2007 Fri 29-Apr-16 12:02:36

Orthotics in everything. I have collapsed arches and wear them in every pair I own bar flip flops, but I wear birkies in the summer as they're comfier for me.

Lottapianos Fri 29-Apr-16 12:37:53

Thanks so much everyone, will pass your recommendations along smile

leedy Fri 29-Apr-16 12:42:43

Empress (excellent username, btw), I found Air Max reasonably good but Roshe better, for some reason, even though the heel isn't as elevated. Maybe slightly more cushioned or better arch support? Give the Air Max a try anyway.

GlassCircles Fri 29-Apr-16 13:01:46

Does anyone with PF have high arches and wide-ish feet? What do you wear?

I find Birkenstocks really uncomfortable, and can't do Fit Flops as they are too tight over the instep. I usually wear 'normal' flip flops, but haven't done a summer with PF yet confused

This winter have been wearing Adidas trainers (sometimes with a gel heel insert), and Crocs indoors. Also Skechers boots with a spongy sole are fairly comfortable.

ggirl Fri 29-Apr-16 15:51:00

Glasscircles ..i have high arches and wide feet ..there are some of the fit flop styles that are wide enough..think they call them midsoles. Have to size up for high arch.
these are wide for e.g.

GlassCircles Fri 29-Apr-16 16:32:43

Thanks ggirl, I'm now considerably poorer grin But hopefully it will all be worth it for my aching feet.

There are some new styles since I last looked, in the 'Under £60' section there are some which are more like a conventional flip flop strap shape, plus the 'Skinny' style which has an adjustable buckle - both of which may solve the too tight problem, yay.

chemenger Fri 29-Apr-16 16:41:57

I have high arches and wide feet. Birkenstocks are torture instruments to me. Fitflops are really comfy; I have the flipflop style with the adjustable buckle and I have just bought the F-Sporty Mary Janes - they are very comfy. I have sore feet all the time (apparently its my age) and these feel great. The normal non-adjustable FitFlops are too tight for me but these styles are fine.

GlassCircles Fri 29-Apr-16 17:39:26

Glad it's not just me with the Birkies - I have a really nice pair that have only ever been worn outside about twice. Every summer I pad optimistically round the house in them trying to break them in, going 'Ow!' 'Ow!' and trying all the buckle settings to try and make them comfy. Then back in the wardrobe they go till next year.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now