Talk

Advanced search

George Isaac Satchels

(13 Posts)
JLbaby Thu 28-Apr-16 16:15:04

Does anyone have one of these? I ordered mine just after Christmas and it hasn't arrived yet....just wondering how long the wait was...

I also noticed the website has been taken down. I emailed the lady back in January, and heard back from her a couple of weeks later to say it was being made, but have had no contact with her since....

JLbaby Thu 28-Apr-16 18:42:53

Anyone?

neveradullmoment99 Thu 28-Apr-16 18:51:19

Sorry, I have no experience of them but how long has the website been down?
That seems like an excessive amount of time to wait. I wouldn't be happy.

neveradullmoment99 Thu 28-Apr-16 18:53:13

How did you pay for it? If you paid by paypal you may have some recourse. If by credit card you also may have a way of getting your money back.
There are other satchel companies out there that are very similar. You could get your money back and buy a zatchels. They are so cheap on ebay and have fantastic sales.
Sorry I cant be any help to you regarding your order. I would be asking for my money back if I were you.

neveradullmoment99 Thu 28-Apr-16 18:54:20

The company you bought from are on both twitter and facebook. Maybe you could message them.

lostinyonkers Thu 28-Apr-16 18:55:27

It possibly looks as if the person behind the company is ill, looking at their FB page. Maybe send them a PM rather than a public comment, just in case.

CarpetDiem Thu 28-Apr-16 18:57:08

Tweet them.

BikeRunSki Thu 28-Apr-16 18:59:09

The most recent message on their FB page explains all. It was posted on 2 Jan:

^I will always want more time with them. It will never be enough for me. I must teach them as many lessons as I can, while I can, for as long as I can. And that is true for everyone, but of course I have not only the urgency to do it NOW but also I have no idea how long I have and will likely be debilitated in some form until that time comes.
Yes, it’s true no one knows how long they have to live. But those diagnosed with a terminal disease know what is most likely to kill them. And that their time is not just going to be shortened, but consumed daily with the treatment and effects of that disease. It’s not having a normal, healthy life that is relatively good and healthy until a sudden accident happens. It’s just not the same as the general worries of growing older or aches and pains. It’s never-ending. I don’t get to count down how many chemotherapy (or other treatment) sessions until I’m done this time. Being done will mean there is nothing left for me to try. Anyone who has had chemo or radiation or some other type of therapy knows how important it is to have an endpoint, a countdown. Knowing that will never happen (and in fact what you’re really hoping for is a lot of them, because that means you still have options) is one of the mental struggles each week, since it isn’t just spending one day a week getting chemo, it’s how it makes you feel each day after that.
I have decided to shut down my website as I want to focus all my energy and time on my husband and children. I have enjoyed so much making bags for so many of you wonderful people. You have been such a great support on so many days. I won't shut my page as I would like to stay in contact with you. Sharing pictures and writing. Thank you all so much for everything, I couldn't have done this without you xxxx
All outstanding orders will be fulfilled and you can message me anytime xxx^

JLbaby Thu 28-Apr-16 19:50:32

Thanks Bikerunski. I'm not on Facebook so hadn't seen that message, I guess I'll just have to wait....I have tried messaging her several times since Feb but no response.

I paid via PayPal but to be honest I want the satchel, not a refund. Was just wondering if anyone else was in the same situation.

neveradullmoment99 Thu 28-Apr-16 20:11:16

Well if you do change your mind, you can always take it up with paypal at least. Hope you get your satchel.

MiniCooperLover Thu 28-Apr-16 20:58:47

I have one of these and I'm certain the lady involved is suffering from cancer and was very very unwell. I think I remember seeing a message just after Xmas saying orders were finished but she had to stop due to ill health.

JLbaby Thu 28-Apr-16 22:04:03

Thanks Mini. I got my order in before she stopped taking orders, so hopefully I'll receive it, it's just a matter of when!

Never - thanks for recommending zatchels, just had a look at the site and they look lovely!

neveradullmoment99 Thu 28-Apr-16 22:09:29

People often sell zatchels on ebay brand new for around £20 so look on there too if you are interested smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now