Talk

Advanced search

Foundation help - please

(6 Posts)
MrsPeacockDidIt Thu 28-Apr-16 12:45:54

I'm really struggling to find the right foundation and so hoping someone here can help narrow down some choices.

My skin: aging I guess (46), large pores, becomes shiny quickly, pale and very freckly.
My requirement: ligh coverage, mattifying, containing SPF of at least 15, hide all my wrinkles and pores wink
Budget: happy to look at up to £40 for a decent one.

Am happy to look at BB creams too.

Any ideas ??

LaConnerie Thu 28-Apr-16 13:10:05

I've tried loads from Estee Lauder to Collection - and the one I stick with now is Bourjois Healthy Mix here . I love this stuff, it stops me getting shiny and disguises my pores pretty well. My pores were awful, so I ditch my usual moisturiser and started using Nivea visage hydrating primer instead - a non oily primer/moisturiser in one and that works really well too.

There is also a serum version of the Bourjois foundation but I didn't get on with that - like you I have enlarged pores and get shiny quickly, and the serum version was too oily for me.

When the weather gets hot (ha ha) and I want to skip the foundation, I use a tinted moisturiser instead (Garnier at the moment but also use Nivea) and they are fine for pores as long as you still use the primer underneath.

I also follow a tip I read years ago - if you get the 'golf ball' effect from foundation, try going a shade or two darker and it will help to not get all the little light spots the foundation can create in your pores. If you feel a bit too dark, you can always then lighten up again with powder. Works for me!

MrsPeacockDidIt Thu 28-Apr-16 13:20:03

Thanks. I'll give that a go.

MrsPeacockDidIt Thu 28-Apr-16 13:25:53

Just realised that it doesn't have an SPF but if it hits the rest of my needs I could look for a SPF moisturizer to go with it.

yazzy85 Thu 28-Apr-16 14:33:45

YSL fusion ink is very good.

Blondie1984 Thu 28-Apr-16 18:39:28

Giorgio Armani Maestro is amazing

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now