Spring/Summer jacket - Joules Coast or Seasalt Sea Folly? Or something else?

(9 Posts)
Cydonia Wed 27-Apr-16 20:05:21

I'm looking for a lightweight jacket for Spring and Summer, for everyday casual wear. I've come across these two which I like as they come in nice colours and patterns and look a bit different to the typical cagoule style lightweight waterproof. Has anyone got either that they would recommend? Or is there anything else similar that's nicer? I liked the idea of a short mac/trench coat type thing, but can't seem to find any that aren't black or beige ( can't wear either colour! ) Just after something to throw on for the school run, days out, trips to the park etc that will keep the wind and occasional shower off without being too sweaty. And look pretty too! Any tips gratefully received.

WellThankYouAJPTaylor Wed 27-Apr-16 22:40:33

I have a Seafolly. It's good, lightweight, waterproof (was out in heavy rain the other day and it kept me totally dry, although as it is short my legs were soaked!) If I had a caveat it would be that the hood is a little skimpy for me, but then I do have a long neck.

bloodypassword Wed 27-Apr-16 23:21:40

Check out F&F at Tesco ( larger stores). I got a coral coloured rain coat/shirt Mac thingy which I love. Hip length and perfect for school run, and nipping out generally. They do them in yellow too. Was only £35 which I thought a bargain (esp compared to seasalt et al)

bloodypassword Wed 27-Apr-16 23:22:24

Not a rain shirt! Bloody predictive text. It's a raincoat/short mac.

LadyintheRadiator Thu 28-Apr-16 06:31:22

I have the Joules one. It's a nice fabric for a waterproof, soft not rustly. But I only wear it in summer really it's a bit short and not very warm. It's perfect over jeans but too boxy for dresses so I need something else too but I do like coats and don't mind having a variety...

Cydonia Thu 28-Apr-16 13:36:24

Thanks everyone. I think if I'm honest I'm only going to be wearing it with jeans or trousers as hardly ever wear dresses any more, so should be fine. Will have a look in Tesco first though!

Cydonia Thu 28-Apr-16 13:38:16

Oh, and I've yet to come across a hood that does its job properly so that's not too much of an issue!

Chocolateteabag Thu 28-Apr-16 13:44:40

Seafolly came up too short on me - I'm 5.9" - I'm looking for something similar op - have you looked at the summer Didrikson jackets?

Cydonia Thu 28-Apr-16 19:38:32

I thought it looked short on the model, but I'm only 5'2 so hopefully would be OK on me. No I've never heard of Didrikson, will check those out too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now