Unfussy gold braclet

(9 Posts)
sweetheart Wed 27-Apr-16 11:28:31

My daughters 16th birthday is approaching, she is a very ungirly girl and does not wear jewellery etc. However her prom is coming up and she would like a gold bracelet to go with her dress so I thought perhaps I could get her a special bracelet for her birthday - perhaps one that has been personalized in some way with her initial or something. I am really struggling to find something - not on the high street is not turning up quite the right thing.

I want a gold chain - not too thin. With perhaps a couple of small charms, which could possible be engraved or stamped.

Does anyone have any ideas - don't really want to spend more than £50-£100.

sweetheart Wed 27-Apr-16 11:29:03

this without the tassle and a bit better quality would be ideal

MitzyLeFrouf Wed 27-Apr-16 11:52:34

What about this one for £55? It's 14ct gold plate.

MitzyLeFrouf Wed 27-Apr-16 11:57:03

This 18ct gold one from John Lewis is nice. Not much scope for personalising though.

Or there's this Links of London bracelet in rose gold.

MitzyLeFrouf Wed 27-Apr-16 11:58:55

She doesn't like silver does she? Your money would go much further if she did.

ScarlettDarling Wed 27-Apr-16 12:02:39

I really like this one and there are lots of other pretty ones on their website.

sweetheart Wed 27-Apr-16 13:09:32

Thanks so far - I think she wants a chain - should have said that - even thought I know the one I linked to wasn't a chain.

I really like the Annie Haak one - along the right lines but more chain like than balls. The links of London one would be perfect if it was Gold and i could get it stamped with her initial.

Her prom dress is navy blue so I think gold would go better than silver. And as a special birthday gift gold seems more special to me x

Cakescakescakes Wed 27-Apr-16 13:11:20

Rose gold is much more contemporary for a young girl that yellow gold. She might get much more long term wear out if it? And I think it would go fine with navy.

sweetheart Wed 27-Apr-16 13:24:36

She's a red head with fair skin so I'm not sure rose gold will suit her complexion. If possible I'd rather stick with gold. I think it's classic and doesn't date.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now