Talk

Advanced search

If you shop at hush where else do you shop?

(10 Posts)
zippyswife Tue 26-Apr-16 21:41:51

Recently fallen in love with hush but it's more than my budget can stretch to for most items. If you like hush can you point me in the direction of similar?

clutterfly Tue 26-Apr-16 23:04:30

H&M and ASOS are good alternatives. For example, striped tops, harems, sweatshirts and plain pumps.

louloubelle2 Wed 27-Apr-16 08:20:59

Hush don't do anything out of the ordinary, they just have really good stylists and send lots of free stuff to bloggers (and the quality of most stuff is pants, so you're not missing out). Look at the clothes in the product only shots, rather than on the model, and you'll see.

I'd look at Gap and M&S for plain t-shirts, linen stuff , Next and Dorothy Perkins for t-shirts with random stars or hearts on and jersey harems and joggers, Zara for tweedy, boucle or military jackets.

Then go back to the Hush model shots and put the outfit back together again.

zippyswife Wed 27-Apr-16 10:22:49

Thanks for the advice. Over the years I've got crap at styling myself and almost need to completely copy something these days. But yes that's a good idea!

Sgoinneal Wed 27-Apr-16 10:23:53

I like Hush and I also shop in Gap a lot - clean, simple basics that I can mix and match.

Hadron21 Wed 27-Apr-16 10:25:17

The quality is really poor. I buy from Reiss but only in the sale for quality day to day items.

LovelyWeatherForDucks Wed 27-Apr-16 11:30:57

H&M, Gap, ASOS....

H&M have got some great wrap/ruched skirts for 7.99, and I've just spotted some plain metallic sneakers and some motif t-shirts from there that I've got my eye on here

Also recently bought a feather necklace from ASOS which is a lot like the Hush one (but only a few quid!).

I'm trying to simplify my wardrobe too - decent jeans (Gap or H&M shaping), good quality basics (I like Boden's t-shirts and Breton from the Johnnie B kids range!!) etc.

I've got a few Hush bits but lots of what I order ends up going back!

MsBojangles Wed 27-Apr-16 12:33:50

Yeah, I end up sending back more than I keep, the quality is often poor for the price.

Gap and Uniqlo are better for basics.

zippyswife Wed 27-Apr-16 13:05:48

Excellent advice all!! Thank you.

balkanscot Thu 28-Apr-16 13:22:24

I find Gap has been on the downward slide (for me, anyway) for a long time - very thin cotton, poorly finished garments. So, for basics such as T-shirts, long sleeve layering tops, tracksuit bottoms, etc. I go to The White Company. They always have some sort of promotion going on and always include discount cards in their catalogues. I have recently bought navy & white T-shirts, and am so pleased with them - the right amount of stretch for a fitted look (but not too fitted, IYSWIM). I find a lot of Hush clothing is really loose/"relaxed look" which is fine on someone tall-ish and willowy (like the models) but I really need a bit of waist definition (hourglass figure, 5'3").
Even though their harem trousers are actually a surprisingly good fit on me. But I have had to really reign myself in with the Tara dress, it really wouldn't look good on me with that relaxed waist, oh, no! And have had to say NO to Hush boyfriend jeans with a great deal of willpower. blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now