Weekend/casual dressing

(5 Posts)
Temporaryanonymity Mon 25-Apr-16 22:28:15

I need help with casual dressing. I can do super glam for a night out (I live in one of those cities) and work clothes are sorted. I've never been any good at weekend casual wear.

I'm an apple with good legs, big boobs and tummy. I am single and 40 and would like some ideas for the sort of thing I could wear for a coffee date but then afterwards wear to the park with my kids. Obviously they don't come on the date.

I'm a size 14 on a good day, but decreasing slowly in size due to diet and gym.

I've always been bad at casual clothes. I need help!

ItGoesWithoutSaying Tue 26-Apr-16 09:00:46

I have also always been bad at casual clothes. I have work clothes for looking smart at work and going out clothes for looking glam. I feel I look shit in jeans so rarely wear them. I often feel I am over-dressed at weekends, so will watch this thread.

Pisssssedofff Tue 26-Apr-16 09:13:12

I tend to do a smart blazer over nice jeans and boots. Some people just look shit in casual clothes and I'm one of them, gym gear or smart

Temporaryanonymity Tue 26-Apr-16 11:01:37

So I'm not alone! It gets worse in the summer for me. I feel good in blazer and jeans though. Others look good in the sort of clothes that make me look like a sack of spuds.

YaySirNaySir Tue 26-Apr-16 11:08:09

Various jackets - biker/blazer, skinny jeans in black grey and blue plus nice top or jumper and ankle boots. Hair, makeup and nails done, but not ott.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now