Talk

Advanced search

Please help me style this skirt for the races.

(2 Posts)
donners312 Mon 25-Apr-16 20:08:25

lp2.hm.com/hmprod?set=source[/environment/2016/6KT_0440_002R.jpg],width[3703],height[4330],x[1002],y[471],type[FASHION_FRONT]&hmver=0&call=url[file:/product/main]

Sorry i don't know how to do links?

I bought this skirt it is longer in real life but what top?

I was thinking either blush/nude shell top or bright pink?

Can't find any though.

or something else entirely?

I haven't been out for nearly a year and i don't have much money to spend at the moment either.

Thanks lovely ladies!

bojorojo Mon 25-Apr-16 20:39:36

Ok. As a very regular racegoer - are you in a box/restaurant or outside all day (or is it an evening meeting?). If you are inside all day, dressing is easier!

I think you still need layers, though. It may well still be a bit cold in May. There are several skirts that are a similar shape to this on the Ted Baker website. They are all styled with a top that looks like a T shirt but are shorter and in a much higher quality fabric. As for colour - a cream and black look is good for the races. This skirt could also be styled with a fitted shirt and I think there are some floral ones around that may look good. You may get some inspiration on ASOS.

I would go for a short Chanel style textured jacket. This would look better with the collarless top. Do not bother with a hat or fascinator. A decent bag and shoes you can walk in are more important.

Check the weather forecast before you go and take a mac if you need one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now