Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Can you recommend a moisturiser / eye cream for DP?

(8 Posts)
QuimReaper Mon 25-Apr-16 15:34:55

So after 15 years of making hilaaaaaarious jokes about men who moisturise, DP has suddenly noticed he looks haggard, and asked me to get him "something to put under his eyes".

I've taken the opportunity to instruct him to start regularly moisturising the whole lot, and also using sun cream (previously only used when handed to him and loudly ordered to apply, or when forcibly applied by me).

He won't use anything if it feels sticky, so something that absorbs rapidly would be good. I think I'll be able to get him moisturising after a shower and using an eye cream daily, which is why I want two separate ones, but I also wondered about a daily SPF.

Just wondered if any MN manshapes have a favourite?

botemp Mon 25-Apr-16 15:49:34

Skeen Perfect Eye powder, it's primarily marketed for men but even women are known to use it since it works so well but since it's a powder that you rub in may be considered too much faff? In general Kiehl's (Facial Fuel range) and Malin + Goetz (Vitamin E range) are well liked. Though in all honesty I find the whole male/female divide utterly ridiculous in cosmetics and my stuff gets pinched all the time angry.

Madbengalmum Mon 25-Apr-16 15:55:29

OH has always used elemis for men, but has bw changed to Astral of all brands and it is cheap as chips. He says it is great and not sticky.

N0tfinished Mon 25-Apr-16 16:19:38

Cerave PM is considered a great moisturiser, not sticky or fragranced. Bottle is just functional, doesn't scream 'I'm a lady' grin

QuimReaper Mon 25-Apr-16 16:23:54

botemp it is bonkers, isn't it. It's all psychological though, I don't think he'd mind too much using something marketed at women but he seems to have an aversion to millions of scents so I thought it'd be safer to at least avoid something flowery!

Brilliant recommendations, thanks all flowers

Indecisivejo Mon 25-Apr-16 18:23:04

My other half hates anything sticky/greasy etc he uses dermalogica skin smoothing cream.

midnightmoomoo Mon 25-Apr-16 23:39:02

My husband is very lazy with such things but he really rates the Clarins men's range.....shaving foam (also good for my legs! Sh!) and the moisturiser. He uses the slash aftershave too if he thinks he's getting lucky It all has a fresh, clean smell.

midnightmoomoo Mon 25-Apr-16 23:39:38

Splash aftershave!!! Slash aftershave sounds a bit dodgy!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now