How do you exfoliate your back?

(13 Posts)
Boakahontas Mon 25-Apr-16 14:13:01

I'm attempting a whole body overhaul (weep!) and I'm really curious to know your best products or tips for clearing up/preventing imperfections on the back and shoulders.
Is it as simple as a scrunchy on a stick or is there more to it?
All of your vast knowledge is very welcome!

LuckySantangelo1 Mon 25-Apr-16 14:18:37

Body shop sell a body polisher; it's basically a long strip of rough plastic. Brilliant thing! Gets my back and shoulders looking good after a couple of uses. It's gentle enough to use every day.

PedantPending Mon 25-Apr-16 19:39:20

Natural bristle back brush & the odd salon exfoliation.

Laska5772 Mon 25-Apr-16 19:49:39

I have made up a scrub with coconut oil and salt (Himalayan salt from H&B ) and got DH to do it! (and then I used it on his back also ) then washed off under shower .... TBH its only been once or twice I have done that - and it takes ages to get it out of the bath after

Laska5772 Mon 25-Apr-16 19:51:37

coconut oil and H salt is also good on legs... (but not if you've just shaved or exfoliated...or OUCH! ... do that afterwards ..

Nabootique Mon 25-Apr-16 19:54:22

I scrub my back with shower gel and those exfoliating gloves. I have long arms and am weirdly flexible.

Jobseekernightmare Mon 25-Apr-16 19:55:00

You can get sandpaper on a roll from trade organisations..grin

Actually I have used a boots or body shop natural fibre thing that you wrap around, or a back brush with exfoliators on it..?

Jbck Mon 25-Apr-16 20:01:24

I use the body shop strip thing, face wash to lubricate sort of and use it once a week during the summer.

ChardonnayKnickertonSmythe Mon 25-Apr-16 20:43:28

Exfoliating cloths from muji or the body shop.

Long, so easy to use on the back, come in different strengths, indestructible, I use them with soap because I hate all the plastic packaging of shower gel and the smell of shower gel. Had mine for ten years or so now.
Saved a fortune on exfoliating scrubs.

FinallyHere Mon 25-Apr-16 20:51:34

Sorry to highjack your thread but.. Okay...... You have scrubbed your back, now how do you moisturised your back? This, this is my question, and just thinking about it makes my back itch.

Boakahontas Mon 25-Apr-16 20:53:07

Thank you all so much! It's a real problem area for me. It's good to know that there's plenty of options! I thought it would just be a loofah on a stick kind of job.

Boakahontas Mon 25-Apr-16 20:53:54

Oooooh! Finally, good question!

CauliflowerBalti Mon 25-Apr-16 20:54:11

I use a long handled bristle brush to clean everywhere every day.

Except my genitals. I love them too much for that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now