Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

lets talk clothes. Anyone got their eye on anything?

(1000 Posts)
JackandDiane Mon 25-Apr-16 10:30:25

or stuff?

where IS everyone? S&B is DULL atm

JohnCheese Mon 25-Apr-16 11:59:31

I know! Infrequent attender here but still...

I saw these Zara espadrilles, thought they were nice but I see they're sold out. But they're hardly going to set S&B on fire.

I need a bikini. Next is my go-to but I see nowt this year. Am loathe to spend a fortune.

AdoraKiora Mon 25-Apr-16 12:04:24

Clothes on the high street are SO uninspiring at the moment.

And its still cold and grey, so I'm still in boring fucking tights and ankle boots. Losing the will.

I'm thinking ahead to summer and I'd really like some skirts to wear with sleeveless blouses to work. But I'm tall and that makes it a nightmare shopping for skirts that are an appropriate length for work.

God, its all S&B misery my end. I await some more inspirational replies grin

JackandDiane Mon 25-Apr-16 12:40:43

Bikinis - my tip is to order online and try at home
WAY less soul destroying

JackandDiane Mon 25-Apr-16 12:41:05

like the espadrilles a LOT
very WHam too ;)

JackandDiane Mon 25-Apr-16 12:41:33

i bought the Boden Ruched pencil skirt which would look great with bare legs I think

knowler Mon 25-Apr-16 12:45:34

I know, I'm very uninspired atm. Back into black opaques today, ffs! Picking up a new pair of trousers for work later from HoF and some boring stripy tops. aargh.

HappyGirlNow Mon 25-Apr-16 12:51:43

john I have those espadrilles, they're really nice.. If you click on the email icon Zara will email you when new stock is available..

I want the black version too, waiting them coming back in stock.

KnotNora Mon 25-Apr-16 12:59:22

Midi skirts - they're everywhere ATM

Love the top shop one will try and find link

KnotNora Mon 25-Apr-16 12:59:57

Also bodysuits! But breastfeeding so impossible to wear, but nice with a midi

twobambinos Mon 25-Apr-16 13:00:06

I've been looking for a nice pair of pink brogues finally found some and they are sold out grin
I am eyeing up a closet wrap white shirt on asos but I'm reluctant to pay full price so waiting for a code. But I think it's the weather at the moment thats not encouraging spending

cardoon Mon 25-Apr-16 13:07:54

I ordered the navy boden ruched skirt this morning (25% off) but had to get it in the long as no reg left in a size 8. What length did you get J&D? Maybe someone would do a swap with me if I find it's tooo long...

Floisme Mon 25-Apr-16 13:08:50

You could find me some summer clothes. My needs are simple:
Sleeves
Knee coverage
No floatiness

Good luck with that.

nickdrakeslovechild Mon 25-Apr-16 13:31:23

I need everything! have bought a couple of the nice striped tops from boden this morning but need dresses and some tops to wear with skinny jeans.

Lost lots of weight so now in a size 10 and going shopping at the weekend as I have no clothes grin, what should I be looking for?

AdoraKiora Mon 25-Apr-16 13:47:15

Midi dresses - great. Live in them in the winter. But midi skirts always seem to be in thin jersey material that shows VPL and you cant tuck a top in.

I've been eyeing up the Boden pencil skirt for a while but am sceptical that it will be long enough for me, even in longer length...

wiltingfast Mon 25-Apr-16 13:57:44

Been thinking about these geox shoes but worried about black in Summer...

Still in black opaques here too. WHERE IS SUMMER????

KnotNora Mon 25-Apr-16 14:31:03

Rubber and leather, your feet will stink!

JohnCheese Mon 25-Apr-16 14:44:25

Ta HappyG. Will do that. Splash out on my £20 espadrilles. Last of the big spenders.

Floisme Mon 25-Apr-16 15:00:01

cardoon I've got the Boden ruched skirt in long and I'm only 5'3. It finishes just below the knee on me which is just want I wanted. (Thanks Jack, I think it was one of your links.)

I'm really drawn to this skirt too but it's so badly made - flimsy and none of the stripes meet up - that I think it might just give me the rage.
www.topshop.com/en/tsuk/product/clothing-427/skirts-449/floral-stripe-midi-skirt-5453432?bi=0&ps=20

JackandDiane Mon 25-Apr-16 15:09:02

I got reg. It's not short.

JackandDiane Mon 25-Apr-16 15:09:44

I'm on the email list for those espadrilles. Ime they sell out the minute that email goes out

JackandDiane Mon 25-Apr-16 15:10:35

Ok not a fan of midi skirts so can't opine there really.

JackandDiane Mon 25-Apr-16 15:11:39

I generally don't get the covered shoes in summer thing. Plus son who is a skater would be horrified. Plus I look like krusty in them

Iamblossom Mon 25-Apr-16 15:16:37

I have recently bought two playsuits from zaful.com, this one and this one. They are gorgeous, the second one in particular. I am going to Marrakech for a hen weekend in June and am planning to wear them then, and in Greece in August. I am size 8 and ordered the largest size in each, they fit beautifully.

Have also bought this, a grey sweater with sequin sleeves and a blue shirt with red and white flowers, all lovely, can't find links to the last two.

I need a grey trouser suit for work. Ordered a wool one from Next but have sent it back, didn't like the fleck in the material, the double breasted jacket was too bulky and the trousers were itchy! If anyone can recommend another one?

JackandDiane Mon 25-Apr-16 15:18:48

The word playsuit makes me heave but a size 8 in that red one would look gawjuss

This thread is not accepting new messages.