Talk

Advanced search

I have got Dior mascara - has anyone binned it for something better? if so what

(35 Posts)
JackandDiane Sun 24-Apr-16 21:22:23

pliz

JohnCheese Sun 24-Apr-16 22:07:30

Ah. The never ending make-my-lashes-fabulous-mascara search.

They're all meh if you ask me. I'm on the new fabulous maybelline cheapie one. Meh.
I think I'll try the Lancôme Hynose Drama (I think it's called) next. I've read it's good but I'll believe it when I see it. seems to me all mascaras are the same. Maybe it's my lashes but they all promise the earth moon and stars. Do they deliver? Like heck they do. Bit like a lottery ticket.

Jackie0 Sun 24-Apr-16 22:09:42

I'm a make up junkie , I've tried them all and the holy grail mascara is Sisley So Intense

Sweetandsour93 Sun 24-Apr-16 22:33:02

I quite like Dior, although I tend to buy Max Factor Masterpiece more often as I think it goes on more easily. I tried a Chanel one recently and I was thoroughly unimpressed. I don't think there's one mascara that works for everyone, it's trial and error haha

JackandDiane Sun 24-Apr-16 23:04:02

Yes. The drama has a huge brush

JackandDiane Sun 24-Apr-16 23:04:54

No Sisley stockist nearby

RonaldMcDonald Mon 25-Apr-16 01:41:25

Claris wonderperfect or blardy old ysl fauxcils

Instamum Mon 25-Apr-16 06:31:56

The dior one was my life changing moment ha, I think it is great as is lancome

However, I am on a quest to find a high street one that is just as good. Nothing worthy so far.....

sassytheFIRST Mon 25-Apr-16 06:37:21

I LOVED doublewear. Then the last one I bought was all clumpy straight away,like a cheapo super drug mazzy. Have persevered and will buy again once the tube is empty BUT if it's crap again I am returning it and demanding my money back. Formula-meddling bastards.

SorrelForbes Mon 25-Apr-16 06:39:18

I stick to Estee Lauder Double Wear now (the volumising one). It's a tubing mascara so doesn't smudge or give that panda eye effect later in the day. Sometimes I use Max Factor Masterpiece first and then the EL over the top.

Joneseygirl77 Mon 25-Apr-16 07:12:31

I actually like the Dior but it smudges badly. I have come to the conclusion that I rub one eye a lot during the day as by evening I have a smuges of black below left eye. I look like something out of Kiss. Also like any max factor ones but I find they flake off during the day. Anyone found a non smudge flake free mascara?

Joneseygirl77 Mon 25-Apr-16 07:13:05

Or even smudges

Sunshineboo Mon 25-Apr-16 07:15:44

Hi. Another vote for ysl here - been using it for years and nothing beats it for giving lashes a boost.

My friend swears by the benefit roller mascara too.

KittyKrap Mon 25-Apr-16 07:17:47

I can't get on with MAC mascaras, I do like Urban Decay's Bad Gal lash though. And if you chat up the people on the Chanel counter you can sometimes get a free mascara tester - great for holidays wink

Granard Mon 25-Apr-16 15:27:22

Blinc mascara and even better if you use the primer with it. I've been using it for years now after seeing it recommended on this site. Washes off with water and pressure and it doesn't run in the pool unless you rub your eyes. Without a doubt, the best I've tried.

SorrelForbes Mon 25-Apr-16 15:29:19

Tubing mascaras like the blinc or EL ones don't smudge at all.

JackandDiane Mon 25-Apr-16 17:31:40

I don't have an issue with smudging on the whole

Rocksie Mon 25-Apr-16 19:01:19

As my favourite high street Max Factor calorie 2000 mascara seems to have changed formula and is now really dry and not as glossy as once was, I decided to give L'oreal a try as I love their concealer. I bought the new Million Lashes mascara after checking the reviews online at Boots.

Verdict: I'm really pleased with it, separates and lengthens lashes and hasn't smudged yet. I would definitely buy again.

Destinysdaughter Mon 25-Apr-16 22:42:42

I bought this one from Wilkos for £2.80 ( based on a recommendation from here of course!)

It's actually pretty good and def makes my lashes longer and thicker. Only prob is that it's not waterproof but otherwise it's pretty good!

Destinysdaughter Mon 25-Apr-16 22:45:19

Link!

www.wilko.com/essence/essence-i-love-crazy-volume-mascara/invt/0340292

evelynj Mon 25-Apr-16 22:52:17

After using it nightly for 9 weeks now I can highly recommend rapidlash. My short rubbish lashes are longer & look so much better with any mascara now. I like diorshow but also like seventeen hd mascara (in a pinkish box but better after a few weeks when it's dried a little bit imo)

JackandDiane Tue 26-Apr-16 01:55:14

Got the newest lancome one. Doll eyes something. I'll report in

KittyKrap Tue 26-Apr-16 08:59:58

Hurry up Jack! I'm at an airport on Thursday and will snaffle it if it's good!

JohnCheese Tue 26-Apr-16 13:58:49

Just reminded me. One of my best (as mascara goes) cheapie ones was Doll'd Up by Seventeen.

I too shall be à l'aeroport soon and shall splash out on le fancy stuff. Report back Jack!

londonginge86 Tue 26-Apr-16 14:06:27

I always recommend that essence one too!! It's incredible. I thought they did a waterproof one but may be wrong. Also, Maybelline's falsies is relatively new and incredible value for money. Mac mascara is such a waste but I've also had success with clinique in the past too. To be honest though, the essence is much better

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now