Talk

Advanced search

Reunion

(5 Posts)
Steala Sat 23-Apr-16 17:21:45

Hi all

I usually pay little attention to how I look. I don't wear make up and live in jeans and converse, have long un-Styled hair, bitten nails and get my brows threaded two or three times a year. I wouldn't say I'm especially unattractive but without a doubt I am unkempt. I'm normally happy this way but I have a reunification in two months and don't want to be the one letting the side down.

I won't be in jeans on the night (black tie so will have to do some much-hated shopping), so that will be an improvement and I will get my brows threaded, slap on some make up and visit the hairdresser. Is that enough or,with two months to plan, is there anything else I should do? I doubt I'll transform into someone immaculately groomed and I probably should have the confidence to let old friends take me as I come, but realistically, I am shy and quite insecure and want to wear a mask of polish and sophistication!

Any advice?

Thelovecats Sun 24-Apr-16 06:50:05

You could start a proper skincare regime now, and have a few manicures to improve your nails?
As for the hated shopping what about visiting a John Lewis personal shopper- it's a free service.
Hope you have a lovely time- I haven't decided if I'll be brave enough to go to a reunion at all!

Steala Sun 24-Apr-16 07:40:56

Thank you theliovecats. A JL personal shopper is a great idea! Any tips on a proper skincare regime?

Thelovecats Tue 26-Apr-16 05:42:29

Now I'm not so great on that myself! I'd have a search of the archives maybe.
When I do bother taking makeup off before bed I use superdrug hot cloth cleanser which is a great budget option. here

Steala Thu 28-Apr-16 06:56:15

Gosh, the skin care regimes in the archives make me feel very lazy and it is no wonder my skin is so dull. Will two months make a difference? I suppose it would for the rest of my life and there is life after reunion after all. Thanks for your help!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now