Talk

Advanced search

Superga, Vans, Ash etc

(65 Posts)
mrsrhodgilbert Sat 23-Apr-16 15:13:59

Last year I bought Converse for the first time and wore them for two days on holiday, after which my feet ached so much I haven't worn them since. So, I'd like to try something different but with more support/padding. Possibly a bit of a platform sole to add a bit of height but not essential. Don't mind slip ons or laces. Is there a make that's known to be the most comfortable?

southeastastra Sat 23-Apr-16 15:19:15

i find supergas more comfy than converse and have them in white and fuschia. the online shop seems to have quite alot of discounts of the covent garden/canaby st store

OiWithThePoodlesAlready Sat 23-Apr-16 15:20:18

I've never had ash but have vans, superga and superga.

They are all very flat with no arch support really. I find them all comfy but they only suit some feet. My feet are quite flat and narrow. I'd say superga have the sturdiest sole on them so maybe are a bit comfier.

What about new balance? They are a more trainer like so have more support.

OiWithThePoodlesAlready Sat 23-Apr-16 15:23:30

Vans, superga and converse grin

BareBearBum Sat 23-Apr-16 15:25:16

Converse kill my feet, but my superga's are really comfy. Don't know about vans, but my DS1 wore his until they fell apart!

GlassCircles Sat 23-Apr-16 15:49:01

I've got some Vans - they have a thicker sole than Converse but not really thick and bouncy like trainers. There's a bit of arch support but again they aren't built to be moulded round your feet like trainers are.

Also got some PF Flyers which are similar to the Vans.

If you want super comfort then go for Skechers, though I believe they are shunned by the trainer fashion police grin

Mamia15 Sat 23-Apr-16 17:00:04

Superga here too but get some gel insoles (or arch support insoles) to make these more comfortable.

PollyPerky Sat 23-Apr-16 17:08:33

Superga are more comfy but all shoes that are totally flat make your calves ache after a while. Superga are also quite heavy due to the heavier sole.

JoanCallamezzo Sat 23-Apr-16 17:10:34

I find Superga a million times more comfortable than Converse. They feel a bit smarter too. I'm a total convert.

GinAndLemon Sat 23-Apr-16 17:25:32

Adidas stan smiths?

RunswickBay Sat 23-Apr-16 17:56:53

Good advice ginandlemon. Was just about to suggest stans. They have more arch support

cavedescreux Sat 23-Apr-16 18:11:47

Ash look nice but they are expensive as they really don't last if you walk a lot.

Cakescakescakes Sat 23-Apr-16 18:28:30

I have a pair of Cath Kidston Gola's. Super comfy if you like the prints although I know some find them twee. I have cloud and polka dot print ones.

Needthesunshine Sat 23-Apr-16 20:22:48

Another vote for Stan smiths....I binned my converse as my feet ached in them and they rubbed my heels.

cannaethink Sat 23-Apr-16 20:39:19

Another vote for new balance. I find the 420 style nice and neat, and very comfy!

Bouncey Sat 23-Apr-16 20:43:41

I find converse unwearable but my ash trainers are very comfy.

BareBearBum Sun 24-Apr-16 09:47:13

Oh yes! I also have Stan smiths, you can wear them all day, no bother!

Hadron21 Sun 24-Apr-16 09:56:52

Have a look at merrels. The 'rant' ones are nice. Really supportive.

febnov Sun 24-Apr-16 10:02:27

PF Flyers are excellent. The PF stands for Posture Foundation. I found them far more comfy than Converse.

bishboschone Sun 24-Apr-16 11:22:18

Try converse ev ox player, they are super comfy! Stan smiths are rigid and didn't feel comfy at all when I tried them ! I have superga slip ons which are ok and new balance which are super comfy .. Skechers actually do a retro trainer which I'm going to try . I like being comfy !

shovetheholly Mon 25-Apr-16 11:53:42

A lot of people swear by New Balance, but I've never been able to get over the sports traineryness of them.

I like Onitsuka Tigers, but they aren't as cushioned as some.

Drinksforeveryone Mon 25-Apr-16 12:03:11

Superga for me. I have had a few pairs over the years - they are much more comfortable than Converse. I do have one pair of Converse - and they don't feel as well fitting for me as Superga.

Superga often have sales on - go on the website and look at Outlet. I am eyeing up some priced at £18 - but I don't know if I need more.... grin It's worth paying that price just to try them. They seem quite wide fitting _ which is probably why I find that comfortable - not restrictive.

Drinksforeveryone Mon 25-Apr-16 12:04:33

The 2750 are my preferred style.

superga

othgraph Mon 25-Apr-16 12:15:32

I guess I'm one of the few that can't get along with superga. Have tried but always end up with blisters.
I walk almost every day for 45 mins at lunch and wear new balance 373 trainers. Very comfortable and no breaking in period. They're worn out now so have bought nike internationlist trainers. They seem just as comfortable.
Ash is comfortable but wear out pretty quickly.

knowler Mon 25-Apr-16 12:32:38

I posted something similar a while back about Converse and there were quite a few suggestions as to what others wear. I love my skechers but as you will see from www.mumsnet.com/Talk/style_and_beauty/2606950-is-it-just-me-or-are-converse-cripplingly-painful?dod=1 this is not a view shared by all smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now