Talk

Advanced search

Non-maternity dress for pregnant wedding guest

(9 Posts)
butteroneverything Fri 22-Apr-16 15:55:41

I've got two weddings coming up: one in mid May in Greece, a pretty relaxed affair where I'll hopefully be 14 weeks pregnant, and the second a very formal one in the UK in July where I should be 25 weeks pregnant (all being well).
I've got visions of a dress I could wear to both, but would prefer to steer away from the lace/wrap maternity dresses they sell for wedding guests, plus I'm unlikely to fit one at 14 weeks. In fact, I think I'm envisaging something non-maternity. Something loose-ish, unstructured round the waist, yet still formal enough (and likely to fit) for July. Does this dress exist?

LBOCS2 Fri 22-Apr-16 15:57:44

Try phase eight. I had a fabulous long maxi dress in a draped material which gathered under the bust in my last pregnancy, which did me for three weddings throughout the summer - at about 17, 22 and 29 weeks?

BowChickaBowWow Fri 22-Apr-16 16:09:39

I'd go for a maxi dress, like this from Monsoon or this from Eliza J. They should be quite cool and comfortable to wear too. smile

LadyBundleBrent Fri 22-Apr-16 16:45:39

Hi there! I have a wedding in two weeks' time and I'm wearing www.cosstores.com/gb/Women/Dresses/Smart/Layered_sheer_dress/33947683-41672278.1#c-24479

I'm going to be 25 weeks' pregnant then. If I don't fit it, I'll wearhttp://www.cosstores.com/gb/Women/Dresses/Smart/Dress_with_folded_neckline/33947683-43329019.1#c-22755
I got the first dress in a small and it still fits (I'm normally a size 10, neat bump so far but gorging myself on food) and the second dress in a medium (still enormous but looks v relaxed and not too try-hard)...

LadyBundleBrent Fri 22-Apr-16 16:49:53

Ps the second one is a lot longer on me than it looks in the picture. I'd definitely check out Cos!

MrsLettuce Fri 22-Apr-16 19:33:10

Excellent suggestions from LadyBundleBrent!

The second dress

AgathaMystery Fri 22-Apr-16 20:27:13

Phase 8 dresses that look like a wrap but aren't. Or... Joules do some too!

butteroneverything Fri 22-Apr-16 21:27:00

LadyBundleBrent - inspired choices, and exactly the kind of thing I was thinking of, thank you! Why didn't I think of Cos? I love their clothes usually and have a few in my non-pregnant wardrobe but for some reason had not even considered them. It's hard to predict how big I'll be. My last pregnancy I was pretty neat until very late on, but this time round I feel massive already. At least I should fit one of those in May though.

The others are nice too, but I've never got on with a maxi. Odd I know. Will have a look at the other places suggested too, thanks.

LadyBundleBrent Sat 23-Apr-16 12:55:39

No probs! One thing is the fabric might be a bit heavy for Greece (I'm in NI so a bit cooler here) but there are loads of cotton/silk dresses too. It's keeping me sane having a few "normal" clothes til I'm actual whale sized...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now