Shower Cream - dry skin

(13 Posts)
LitteRedSparkle Fri 22-Apr-16 11:52:53

Older Thread with similar problem

I'm reluctantly hitting middle age, and have noticed that Dove just isnt moisturising as well as it used to do. I dont want to use body butters or creams AFTER showering, i want to get out of the shower moisturised (if that makes sense)

Has anyone got any updated thoughts on whats best to use? I shower 6 nights out of 7 in the week, and have no plans to change that

I havent tried Shower Oils... should I?

Nabootique Fri 22-Apr-16 11:57:48

The only one I have used where I can get away with not moisturising after is the Original Source All in One Moisturising Shower. It has little beads of oil that burst. I like the Cherry and Jojoba and Coconut and Pineapple ones. They both smell lovely! Really good value too, and usually on offer.

pseudonymity Fri 22-Apr-16 12:33:56

Try Lush Ro's Argan, you slather it on in the shower and rinse off lightly, it AMAZING, expensive but you don't need loads. I can't be bothered to rub cream in all over and this is really quick. Probably a bit more moisturising than most of the oils I've used.

slug Fri 22-Apr-16 12:38:14

This stuff

LitteRedSparkle Fri 22-Apr-16 21:43:06

ok dokey - i got some Cherry and Jojoba earlier, £1.40... hope its good!

Nabootique Fri 22-Apr-16 21:45:55

Oh, I really hope you like it!

LitteRedSparkle Fri 22-Apr-16 22:24:42

if i dont, i'm gunna come looking for ya!!

grin grin grin grin grin

Nabootique Fri 22-Apr-16 22:40:51

<hides>

70isaLimitNotaTarget Fri 22-Apr-16 23:03:17

I second the L'Occitane Almond Oil (and it smells like Heaven)

Anything with coconut is moisturising (I'm sure there's an Original Source with coconut)
L'Occitane Shea shower gel and shea soaps are good.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Fri 22-Apr-16 23:07:42

Original Source Wild Cherry and Nettle? Who thought of that combination shock

ChrissieLatham Sat 23-Apr-16 00:20:52

Palmolive coconut one is good, gets rid of my eczema. Or if really dry I use Nivea in shower moisturiser, but it does make shower really slippery!

mrsdoughnut Sat 23-Apr-16 01:50:22

Carex. Leaves my skin silky smooth and no nasty parabens

GraysAnalogy Sat 23-Apr-16 01:55:16

Dermol can be used as a shower cream. It doesn't smell nice but its brilliant for dry skin. Possibly use after normal shower stuff?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now