Talk

Advanced search

comfortable strapless/multiway bra in big cupsizes?

(9 Posts)
Branleuse Fri 22-Apr-16 09:46:29

Ive bought a dress on ebay without realising its a halterneck, but I need a bra, and Im usually really uncomfortable in strapless bras as theyre so structured I feel like im wearing a cage, which defies the point of a floaty summer maxi dress. I also always feel like theyre slipping down, even if theyre not.

Are there any really comfy unpadded strapless or multiway bras - im thinking I might be less paranoid if I can have some semblance of strap even if its halter.
Im about a 30ff, or a 32f usually depending on the brand. I dont need loads of support as theyre fake, but i do need some.
Would it look really shit if I wore a bralet underneath like a vest top? Im quite a scruff/boho (cough), so wouldnt be too far from my usual get-up, but not sure if it would look shit. id probably do that sometimes, but wouldnt mind finding a decent strapless that I could actually wear without constantly being aware of it

This is the dress
s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/84/7b/ab/847bab18dd4085c72d7234e874cd23d5.jpg

LittleCandle Fri 22-Apr-16 09:51:20

Simply Be has a great multiway bra in at the moment for bigger boobs. It looks ghastly, but is really supportive! Give them a try - they have a few on the website.

Branleuse Fri 22-Apr-16 09:59:59

is that the panache one?

KatharinaRosalie Fri 22-Apr-16 10:08:48

Wonderbra Ultimate is the best. You might have to go up in back size, as it's very tight, but nothing moves.

Branleuse Fri 22-Apr-16 10:43:36

i think i tried one of those kathrina, and the fact that nothing moves made me feel like I had a corset on. It would have been ok under an evening dress or something, but not a summer dress.

When wearing a normal bra, its the band that gives the support, not the straps, so I dont know why they have to make strapless ones so firm

KatharinaRosalie Fri 22-Apr-16 11:44:04

ah yes that's true, it is a bit corsety.

I think a multiway bra would work under this, maybe Freya Deco Multiway, very comfortable. www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Freya-1464-Deco-Shape-Underwired-Plunge-Moulded-Multiway-Plunge-Bra-Shapewear-/201562356116?var=&hash=item2eee0d7994:m:mj1w87p-iA6_07jURfKOCUw

Or Freya Deco Vibe - not multiway but has a hook on the back so you can make it racerback, should work under that dress.

Branleuse Fri 22-Apr-16 12:05:08

racerback would be fine I think. Ive got a deco somewhere. Im gonna go check if it does raceback thanks x

Branleuse Fri 22-Apr-16 12:10:16

ahh no it isnt sad

KatharinaRosalie Fri 22-Apr-16 12:21:30

how about one of those? www.amazon.co.uk/Braza-Womens-Converter-Strap-Multicoloured/dp/B00LEGHHGE/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1461324059&sr=8-8&keywords=racerback+bra+clip

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now