Trainers addiction, and I don't care.

(19 Posts)
rightknockered Thu 21-Apr-16 14:13:02

I have become as the title. I just want to wear trainers with everything. If I buy something new, I always wonder how it will look with trainers. I have brogues, block heeled boots and sandals, etc. But all I want to wear is trainers. Is it wrong?

rightknockered Thu 21-Apr-16 14:13:55

In fact I have a date on Saturday and am trying to engineer it so that I can wear trainers. I'm not alone, surely?

ZaraW Thu 21-Apr-16 18:54:13

Wearing trainers constantly would make me depressed.

RusholmeRuffian Thu 21-Apr-16 19:30:31

You are not alone. I only wear shoes if I'm working, at a wedding or a funeral. I have a serious addiction to trainers, I have far, far too many pairs.

ihatethecold Thu 21-Apr-16 19:35:13

I live in my New Balance.
Love street trainers.
I'm sure the op isn't on about Sketchersgrin

CoolToned Fri 22-Apr-16 04:57:49

LOVE trainers too. But I slipped twice wearing my Nike Air Max when it was raining hard sad

Lottapianos Fri 22-Apr-16 12:41:55

I adore trainers too and have my eye on a pair of Air Max hi-tops. They're currently £55, reduced from £92 and ohgoonthenOPyou'vetalkedmeintoit grin

I wear Skechers, and love them, but only for lots of walking, not for anything remotely smart. I wish they would make smart casual looking hi-tops because I adore the memory foam goodness but they're way too sporty looking for work etc.

Lottapianos Fri 22-Apr-16 12:42:45

I adore trainers too and have my eye on a pair of Air Max hi-tops. They're currently £55, reduced from £92 and ohgoonthenOPyou'vetalkedmeintoit grin

I wear Skechers, and love them, but only for lots of walking, not for anything remotely smart. I wish they would make smart casual looking hi-tops because I adore the memory foam goodness but they're way too sporty looking for work etc.

Lottapianos Fri 22-Apr-16 12:43:05

Oops!

LaCerbiatta Fri 22-Apr-16 13:31:22

Been home to Lisbon recently and ALL the trendy folk are wearing trainers with everything, dress up, dress down, office wear....

ZaraW Fri 22-Apr-16 13:51:33

That's one of the reasons I don't wear trainers all the time everybody fashionable or not are wearing them especially Nikes. My favourites are by Crime.

Flanderspigeonmurderer Fri 22-Apr-16 13:55:47

Not wrong at all, I'm getting some gazelles for my birthday, cannot wait to get them on my feet!

RusholmeRuffian Sat 23-Apr-16 18:35:50

What are we classing as an addiction here just out of interest? How many pairs is too many?

Lottapianos Sat 23-Apr-16 21:31:30

RusholmeRuffian, love your username and am very interested in the answers you get to your question!

Doyouthinktheysaurus Sat 23-Apr-16 21:41:02

I love trainers, truly love them.

I'm addicted to New Balance 574 at the moment, have 4 pairs in different colour waysblush

The nature of my job means that trainers are more practical than anything else so I have every excuse I need for buying more,

ephemeralfairy Sun 24-Apr-16 00:37:45

Trainers are great. I have gold Reeboks and leopard print Nikes.

Pixie89 Mon 25-Apr-16 14:33:50

I am addicted to trainers too...at last count I had 12 pairs.

I am currently living in my adidas superstars in black and white, all black nike free runs and my favs valentino rockstud camo in burgandy. (I mainly live in burgandy, mustards and navys so they go with everything.)

I feel city living though everyone is in trainers.

Although I am yet to wear them with dresses like I keep seeing everywhere. Looks "cool" but not sure if I could pull it off.

Opinions?

Queenbean Mon 25-Apr-16 14:42:16

I love mine, I'm obsessed with new balance at the moment

I want to branch out though - can someone recommend some? I like high tops and trainers which aren't really wide looking or look to clompy

Pixie89 Mon 25-Apr-16 14:59:25

Stan smiths do a slim line pair which I have. They are more delicate and are not clumpy looking at all. Or I saw some nice high tops in esprit and michael kors had loads in resently.

m.esprit.co.uk/material-mix-sneakers-016EK1W005_001?referrer=default

m.michaelkors.com/paige-leather-high-top-sneaker/_/R-US_43R6PGFE5L?No=27&color=1017

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now