What should I be wearing?

(7 Posts)
CherryBlossom321 Thu 21-Apr-16 12:39:01

I need a stylist please!

I'm a size 16 (have been since late teens); legs, bum, arms, breasts all in proportion. Big belly. Hate it. Think ravaged by pregnancies, loose muscle after 6 finger-width gap post-natal. Have spent the past non-pregnant 4 years under physio, doing home exercises, getting help at the gym but sadly, my tummy will never be what it was.

Control underwear has helped loads with my silhouette, but I'm wondering what the most flattering styles would be for someone like me? What type of jeans, skirts, dresses, tops would be best? I sometimes wear tunic type tops with leggings but feel I don't look nearly as good as friends with similar styles.

I'd be so grateful for any thoughts or suggestions. Thank you in advance.

BowChickaBowWow Thu 21-Apr-16 16:23:22

My manager has a similar figure to you by the sounds of it and always looks gorgeous; she wears a lot of wrap dresses with a lot of patterning on like this and this and dark, cropped, slim-fit trousers (like these and these with floaty blouses and tops with some nice heels. smile

Chocolateteabag Thu 21-Apr-16 17:59:22

Jeans - High waisted
slim boot cuts like these or
Skinny Gap in sale?
Gap not in sale

Chocolateteabag Thu 21-Apr-16 18:08:34

Personally I think you should steer away from anything too billowy/tunicy as they could make you look as if you are pregnant?

This blogger - Style is my Thing has I think a size 16 shape? The full skirt would be forgiving on your tummy if you had a smarter thing to go to - and not have to wear control pants which I find give me awful wind (must be all the gut squeezing!)

Chocolateteabag Thu 21-Apr-16 18:15:27

Me again!

Dresses - this style of dress would be good - fitted over your bust but then flowier (if that's a word) over your tummy and thighs. Its the kind of thing you mostly see in knitted styles so better for Autumn/winter. Boden did some in this style a while back (might be worth checking ebay)

CherryBlossom321 Thu 21-Apr-16 19:26:14

Thank you for all the great ideas. It's interesting, many of the suggestions I would normally shy away from (even though I like them), thinking they will make me look bigger. Yes, I've had trapped wind from wearing the control underwear, though 'light' as opposed to 'firm' are better.

A4Document Thu 21-Apr-16 21:32:49

Love the snakeskin dress!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now