Talk

Advanced search

Lipstick for a really thin mouth

(7 Posts)
70isaLimitNotaTarget Wed 20-Apr-16 15:57:19

I have a small mouth and thin lips.
I cannot wear red ( I look like a Drag Queen) but ok with wine red.
But my mouth is so meh I look like Bette Davis in Whatever Happened To Baby Jane [sigh]

I use a liner and I can do an ok cupids bow but it's fine for evening , not daytime.

What do other non-blessed people do?

Nabootique Wed 20-Apr-16 16:56:39

A nude is flattering for thinner lips, and day time appropriate. It would depend on your skin tone as to which would suit better. The wrong one can make people look rather washed out. Non matte finishes are better too. If you don't like gloss at least try a satin finish.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Wed 20-Apr-16 17:13:32

DD wears a Rimmel one that's a dupe for Mac Velvet Teddy but it looks ill on me.

I am constantly searching for a pinky/nude but never find it.
I bought Soap&Glory Chocoberry , tried it on today (faffing about with my lippie) just looked bad sad

Nabootique Wed 20-Apr-16 17:20:06

Yes, velvet teddy isn't right for me either. Too brown. Try a Revlon lip butter. Berry Smoothie or Sugar Plum. Both sheer, non matte with pinky plum tones.

CointreauVersial Wed 20-Apr-16 18:41:44

I have thin lips too, and stay well clear of anything bright or dark; anything which draws the eye. Neutrals and browny-pinks suit me best. No.7 Tulip and Max Factor Rosewood are my current faves.

FeliciaJollygoodfellow Wed 20-Apr-16 19:31:54

If you have a Wilkos nearby, get some lipsticks from Essence.

They're a cheap European brand and IMO, the lipsticks and nail polishes are the best high street. Rarely more than £3 each.

They do some lovely nudes and they have a new range of moisturising sheer lippies which are gorgeous. Buy a few and have a play.

FeliciaJollygoodfellow Wed 20-Apr-16 19:40:05

Oh my god, third time I've tried to post this!

Try Cool Nude, it's a gorgeous pinky nude ghat goes with everything. It's cheap enough to have two or three knocking about as if you're anything like me you have a couple of bags on the go.

I have an orange sheer and shine one which is a lovely sheer peach on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now