Advanced search

What do you call this type of skirt and where could I get one?

(9 Posts)
cleanandclothed Wed 20-Apr-16 13:08:22

I am after a summer skirt, preferably cotton, with a wide elastic stretchy waistband - about 6 inches deep and with the material ruched, and then in layers after that. Mid-length. But I don't know what the style is called to search for one!

Diddlydokey Wed 20-Apr-16 13:11:50

It doesn't sound nice! Do you mean a rara skirt? Or a ruffle skirt? Or a gypsy skirt?

ItGoesWithoutSaying Wed 20-Apr-16 13:13:51

Rah Rah skirt? They tend to be quite short, but I have seen longer ones. Not sure there are many in the shops now.

cleanandclothed Wed 20-Apr-16 13:15:51

Diddly yes that is the waist I am after. Not a maxi though. Will try searching rah rah but yes I think they may be too short.

Germgirl Wed 20-Apr-16 13:24:12

I saw a black one exactly like you describe on sainsburys yesterday.

Diddlydokey Wed 20-Apr-16 13:25:05

amarmai Wed 20-Apr-16 13:44:50

2.99 ! You cd remove a tier or 2 and get the length you want. Is it a dirndle skirt?

Allalonenow Wed 20-Apr-16 13:49:48

I'd call that a gypsy skirt, especially with the elasticated waistband.

cleanandclothed Wed 20-Apr-16 13:59:37

Yes I might well do as you suggest amarmai. Diddly you are very good at this! The 2nd one is the length I am after, and the tiered style but was hoping for more summery colours smile.

Germgirl thank you - I have had a look but am hoping for a non-black one!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now