can anyone recommend a shampoo for greasy hair?

(9 Posts)
SquareholeRoundpeg Tue 19-Apr-16 22:08:13

I have tried all kind of shampoo to rid the oily area behind my ears - tgel, clarifying shampoos but nothing is working!

Anyone find a product that works?

Thanks

Cakescakescakes Tue 19-Apr-16 22:11:37

Redken Cleansing Cream. It's about a tenner and you alternate it with your normal shampoo. Honestly don't faff with anything else. I had crazy hormonal waxy greasy latches on my hair during pregnancy and breastfeeding and tried everything (fairy liquid,vinegar etc) and this was the only thing to sort it. It took a couple of washes to clear mine but it was vastly improved after the first one. I got it online. It's a white bottle.

Cakescakescakes Tue 19-Apr-16 22:11:56

Patches not latches!

SquareholeRoundpeg Tue 19-Apr-16 22:32:24

Thanks Cakes, I ordered it. Do I need conditioner with it?

CaptainCorellisBanjo Tue 19-Apr-16 22:45:53

I find the new Elvive clay shampoo for greasy roots very good. Also, a tip I got in here was to put dry shampoo on just after you style your hair after washing twice. Oddly it seems to work. Good luck.

Cakescakescakes Tue 19-Apr-16 22:57:30

Yes it can dry the ends of your hair out so you'll definitely need conditioner. Good luck! It was a lifesaver for me. First time I used it I lathered it up and left it for a couple of minutes before rinsing to let it work. Then rinse and condition as normal. I used it couple of times in a row then alternates with my normal shampoo. Hope you get good results smile

Geepee71 Tue 19-Apr-16 23:03:44

I second the elvive clay shampoo and conditioner, works for me and my hair is a mare.

CaptainAnkles Tue 19-Apr-16 23:04:02

Superdrug Tea Tree and Apple is very good, and costs about £1.50.

SquareholeRoundpeg Fri 22-Apr-16 13:07:23

Thank you for recommending Redskin hair cream. I washed with it today and my hair looks and feels amazing! It is silkily soft and the problem area behind my ears is not a problem anymore!!! thanksthanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now