Talk

Advanced search

School summer dresses

(8 Posts)
TennesseeDays Tue 19-Apr-16 16:56:16

Sorry, bit of a boring question, but hoping someone might save me some time.

I ordered summer dresses for the DC online from M&S, in their normal age sizes. For some reason, they are absolutely massive - they wore them for the first time today and both looked a bit ridiculous. I have now given the 8 year old the 5 year old's dresses, as they fit better that way.
5 year old is upset at not now having a dress so I am going to have to drive to a supermarket this pm once DH is home from work to try and get her one for tomorrow hmm, as local supermarket doesn't sell clothes.

Just wondering if anyone has bought any gingham uniform dresses this year and can give me any idea about sizing/quality - don't want to take her with me, and don't want to end up with another massively long one. I can go to Asda and Sainsburys in one direction or Morrisons and Next in the other direction.

ShesAGreatGas Tue 19-Apr-16 17:08:20

I've bought the from all the supermarkets, Matalan, Peacocks and M&S over the last couple of years and can see no difference in quality between any of them.

My DD is tall for her age and wears the size up (she is 7, wears 8-9 clothes generally), but the 7-8 dresses fit her, if that helps? So I suppose if your child is in the right age clothes, size down one size?

EatShitDerek Tue 19-Apr-16 17:11:26

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Deux Tue 19-Apr-16 17:15:28

I bought DD a dress from Sainsbury, £5 including hair scrunchi. She is 7 and I bought age 7. The dress comes just to her knee. She's not tall for her age.

MissRainbowBrite Tue 19-Apr-16 17:20:36

DD has 2 from Sainsburys with the scrunchie, they are lovely quality and fit just right. They sit just below her knee with enough growing room for the summer. She turned 4 in February and has age 4.

TennesseeDays Tue 19-Apr-16 18:15:28

Thanks flowers, think I will try Sainsbury's (with the possiblity to dash round to Asda if need be).

Toffeelatteplease Tue 19-Apr-16 19:10:13

Any suggestions for school dresses size 14 ish? I have a very tall 10 year old

Tollergirl Wed 20-Apr-16 10:21:52

Toffeelatte - my 9 yr old dd has just gone to school in M&S age 13-14 dress which fits perfectly (she is 5'2"!). Had to order online as never seem to have size in when I just go to the shop. Having researched thoroughly this seems to be the largest size available anywhere so don't know what I will do next year when she's in Yr 6 - have given her strict instructions not to grow anymore!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now