Talk

Advanced search

Dress for first night out post baby

(2 Posts)
welshweasel Tue 19-Apr-16 09:16:37

DS is 11 weeks old and I'm having a night away in 2 weeks in a posh hotel with my best friend (spa, followed by dinner and cocktails and possibly some dancing if I'm still standing!) which I'm really looking forward to as it will be the first time I've spent any time away from DS since he was born. However, I am in desperate need of something to wear. None of my pre baby clothes fit properly yet and I want to feel good about myself. I'm tall (almost 6 foot), have reasonable legs and am a size 14-16 at the moment, with a post c section belly that I really need to hide.

I'd like a dress, above knee, probably a-line or skater style to disguise tum, that has magical slimming powers and will make me feel fabulous. Budget up to £150. Usual go to shops for this sort of thing would be French connection, Ted baker, Karen Millen.

Anyone seen anything which might fit the bill? Hoping I can order a few online or get a shortlist and nip into town at the weekend when DH can look after DS.

Goldiefawn Tue 19-Apr-16 16:33:34

www.tedbaker.com/uk/Womens/Clothing/Dresses/Tunic-Dresses/BURFORD-Double-layer-embellished-tunic-dress-Dark-Blue/p/128474-12-DARK-BLUE

Someone recommended this dress on a similar thread recently as being great for hiding the tummy area and being ultra flattering. Any good?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now