Talk

Advanced search

I hate my boobs! help

(11 Posts)
picklepie1 Mon 18-Apr-16 23:26:58

I reckon I'm going to come off as being really dramatic but this is honestly making me feel so depressed.

I'm 18 and have a 10 month old son. I don't breastfeed. My boobs are so saggy and horrible. And I'm not just talking a little, they're so bad.
I have yet to find a bra that fits and is comfortable. But if I don't wear one it hurts so much. I'm around an E/F and before I fell pregnant I was a C.
My friends all have small perky boobs as we are still young. I hide my boobs at all cost. I never wear anything that shows them off and recently I've been really uncomfortable being around my boyfriend even with just a vest on (he says he loves my body and wouldn't change a thing). It's really ruining my confidence.

I want to save up for a breast reduction but it's nearly 5 grand!
Sorry for ranting. But everyone tells me I'm being stupid if I bring it up and I need to rant haha

tellyjots Tue 19-Apr-16 08:20:49

Where have you tried to buy a bra from?

I feel your pain. I have a six month and am now a dd cup. Never thought that size would be depressing!

Have you tried exercising to tone up the muscles around the chest area? That might help a bit.

You should believe your partner when he says he loves you the way you are though.

Believeitornot Tue 19-Apr-16 08:50:37

Your body still hasn't settled down yet. It took me at least a year for my body to get back to what I roughly recognised (I went down to my usual b cup by the time dd was 2, whereas I was a D).

It's worth trying on different bra sizes - get measured but pick a few either side of the measurement (both cup size and rib cage size) and spend a good amount of time trying them. Adjust the straps etc.

You can wear clothes to show off your figure without flesh if you see what I mean? Try Pinterest for ideas. I basically changed my style post children!

MadSprocker Tue 19-Apr-16 09:01:34

I like triumph bras. I am a 32f, and though I've tried others and spent £££, those are always the ones I go back to. I would recommend going to a big department store like John Lewis and try lots on. What is your band size? It must be tough seeing your friends being able to wear certain styles, and not being able to. What are your normal style clothes? V necks and boat necks are good choices if you are big breasted.

picklepie1 Tue 19-Apr-16 09:12:39

I'm a 28 band size and an E cup size at least so finding a bra that is pretty, doesn't need a mortgage to buy it and fits is the hardest thing.
My style before I had my baby was a lot of halter neck tops, strappy tops, etc etc. Now it's polar necks!

MadSprocker Tue 19-Apr-16 09:19:59

Polo necks tend to make your boobs look like a shelf, I avoid them at all costs. It's very difficult to find reasonable price bras in dd+ sizes, unfortunately. I am 40, so I'm sure we have totally different styles, wants and needs! You can still wear vest tops, they just have to have wider straps (unless you find the holy grail of a comfortable strapless bra) what dress size are you?

Rezolution123 Tue 19-Apr-16 09:21:05

I agree with Madsprocker that Triumph bras are great.
If not Triumph then Marks & Spencer in the ones with flower-embroidered cups in the bigger sizes. Not underwired but with wider straps to bear the weight of the boobs. Shame is they do not have them in all the colour range.

picklepie1 Tue 19-Apr-16 09:27:06

I'm a size 6/8 so having big boobs just makes me look utterly ridiculous in clothes! Gone are the days of ordering online and knowing it would fit. I feel like I'm going to need all my clothes made to measure haha

KatharinaRosalie Tue 19-Apr-16 10:32:57

If you are fine withordering online and sending back, there's actually plenty available in your size. For example:
www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR11.TRC1.A0.H0.Xbra+28E.TRS0&_nkw=bra+28E&_sacat=0

What is it that makes bras uncomfortable for you? What brands are you wearing at the moment? 28E is really not that large of a size that you should be hiding away and dreaming of reduction.

But yes indeed, don't wear polo necks, they will just make your boobs look saggy. V-necks and cowl necks look much better on bigger boobs.

SherryKenyon Tue 19-Apr-16 11:24:21

You can search some online products for the same.

KondoAttitude Tue 19-Apr-16 11:29:18

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now