Talk

Advanced search

First pool / sunshine holiday - help dress me please!

(8 Posts)
OvertiredandConfused Mon 18-Apr-16 19:23:47

Help! We usually holiday in Cornwall but, as I've had a shitty time with work and health issues, we've booked a week in Majorca at half term (end of May / early June). Me, DH, DD (14) and DS (12). Nothing fancy - three star all inclusive. I have realistic expectations of the holiday but no idea what to wear!

My recent medical treatment means I'm about 1-1.5 stone bigger than I was last summer. I'm probably a generous 16 on the bottom and an average 14 (still fitting a few loose 12s) on top. Tummy is bloated and I'm very sensitive about it. If my drug regime will let me, I'll do my best to loose some weight before I go but not sure how realistic that it is.

What do I need? And where should I buy it? Don't want to spend a fortune but don't want to be uncomfortable and self conscious either!

annielostit Mon 18-Apr-16 19:55:38

I usually take, 2-3 dresses for the day like this
www.marksandspencer.com/amalfi-shift-vest-dress-with-staynew/p/p22427830?prevPage=plp.
A couple of swimsuits / bikinis. A kaftan type over shirt.
For night a couple of maxi dresses, 3/4 trousers with mix & match tops.
www.marksandspencer.com/cotton-rich-geometric-print-7-8-trousers/p/p22428817?prevPage=plp
Nice wedges & flip flops for day.

Eliza22 Mon 18-Apr-16 20:17:56

Watching smile

annielostit Mon 18-Apr-16 20:47:55

www.kaleidoscope.co.uk/products/heine-abstract-print-dress/_/A-089677_20

This is on my summer list, dress up with wedges or down with flipflops
www.kaleidoscope.co.uk/products/heine-tropical-print-dress/_/A-182289_20
And this.
www.kaleidoscope.co.uk/products/crinkle-firework-print-maxi-dress/_/A-79B080_24

Behooven Mon 18-Apr-16 20:53:34

That Heine dress is lovely.
Being an apple, I can't wear the M&S dresses because they gather above my belly and make me look pregnant 😦

I have a few of the Next linen shifts, they're a good shape for me.

Pinkcadillac Mon 18-Apr-16 21:55:02

Mango has some nice things (beware the polyester though):

shop.mango.com/GB/plussize/edits/summer-collection

OvertiredandConfused Mon 18-Apr-16 22:27:48

I love some of that stuff Pink, although it's more than I wanted to pay for most stuff. Do you know if it's true sizing? I often find a 16 is too big in plus ranges.

Pinkcadillac Mon 18-Apr-16 22:29:56

I think you'd have to go for a small or a 14. I am between 12-14 and small is good for me. I have only bought a couple of tops, no trousers though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now