Leggings and tunic/dress

(10 Posts)
Whyarethebestnamestaken Mon 18-Apr-16 18:02:23

I live in leggings around the house with oversized jumpers etc. but would love to be able to go out occasionally without having to change into jeans.

Do you have any recommendations for length of tunic/dress. I was thinking mid thigh but don't want to look like I have a dress on which can happen if it is too long (knee length for example).

Any links for an A line/flared style would be great. Also in summer I was thinking of maybe 3/4 length capri style leggings, maybe white with a nice tunic/dress on top and sandals.

I need sleeves at least elbow length and am ize 14 and 63 so dont want to look like mutton and am not sure if I can pull this look off?

OvertiredandConfused Mon 18-Apr-16 19:27:50

How about some of these from White Stuff?

fiorentina Mon 18-Apr-16 19:44:34

As a disclaimer I do hate tunics but I do think there are lots of nice shortish denim dresses this year that would be perfect with leggings. Button through and tunic style. Maybe worth a try. Also lots of nice long shirts that would look good with leggings or skinnies?

Whyarethebestnamestaken Mon 18-Apr-16 20:40:42

Thank you for the White Stuff link but not very keen on them, they also looked a bit short as I think I want something longer than just covering my bum and also need at least elbow length sleeves but thank you anyway.

Floisme Mon 18-Apr-16 20:45:47

I've just bought this dress/tunic in H&M. No listen, hear me out. I'm not far off your age and this is a decent length, has sleeves and I'm going to wear it over skinny cotton trousers for a covered up but summery look. Shame it's not cotton but at that price I can forgive them.

I'm 5'3 and it reaches almost to my knees (I don't like tunic length as it makes my thighs look massive).

www2.hm.com/en_gb/productpage.0366610008.html

amarmai Tue 19-Apr-16 01:45:08

Hatley's has great summer cotton tshirt fabric tunics/dresses.

fiorentina Tue 19-Apr-16 07:44:24

www.cosstores.com/de/Women/Dresses/Shirt_dress_with_grandad_collar/46881-42021371.1#c-22755

This type of thing?

NapQueen Tue 19-Apr-16 07:56:37

m.newlook.com/shop/womens/dresses/blue-floral-print-frill-sleeve-wrap-front-dress-_373689149

NapQueen Tue 19-Apr-16 07:56:53

m.newlook.com/shop/womens/dresses/red-floral-print-wrap-front-dress-_338778669

Jemimapuddleduk Tue 19-Apr-16 14:02:44

Have a look at the hush annabel dress, I have 3 and they look beautiful with leggings or skinny jeans and can be dressed up or down.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now