Talk

Advanced search

Cleanser help

(8 Posts)
Blueberry234 Mon 18-Apr-16 16:26:14

I am new to double cleansing I am 37 have combination skin and currently using camomile balm from the body shop as first cleanse then a foaming cleanser as second which I understand to actually be no good. Please could someone recommend a good second cleanser mid range budget. I do then tone and moisturise using ESPA which I find suits my skin although I was wondering about a facial oil at night?

Thanks for any help in advance

Cakescakescakes Mon 18-Apr-16 16:37:27

I use the same one for first and second. There's no real need for 2 I think... Or I use a micellar water to remove eye make up and quick swipe over my face, this counts as first cleaner, then a balm one with a flannel for second cleanse.

Don't feel you need to spend lots more money - get a micellar for first and keep using your balm for second main skin cleanse.

Nabootique Mon 18-Apr-16 20:52:36

Hello. What is your skin type? Facial oil can be good for all skin types but you need the right one.

I always use a different cleanser for my second cleanse but which one depends on how my skin is. I'd only suggest keeping a balm as your second cleanse as well if you were really dry. Do you wear much make up or spf?

Blueberry234 Mon 18-Apr-16 21:16:15

Combination, I wear daily foundation and mascara. No individual spf although this needs o change due to starting meds that put me at higher risk of skin cancer

N0tfinished Tue 19-Apr-16 00:20:33

Doesn't have to be a foaming second cleanse- most of the French pharmacy brands have good cream cleansers: La Roche Posay, Vichy, Avene.

Foaming cleansers are a little tricky as they can have too high PH and therefore be too drying. Non-foaming are less problematic.

Nabootique Tue 19-Apr-16 07:39:34

Good facial oils for combination (which I also am) that I have tried are the Caudalie C15 Overnight Detox oil and Dr Hauschka Clarifying Day Oil. The Clarins Lotus one is meant to be excellent as well, but I haven't tried it yet.

For a second cleanse, there are some great ones that aren't too expensive. Depending on what sort of texture you like, Boots Botanics do some nice cream ones. I also love their Hydration Burst Cleanser (I think it's called). It's a gel to oil texture (my personal favourite) that you can emulsify and rinse off, or just flannel off without emulsifying.

You might also want to try a clay cleanser for more oily days. REN and Bravura do nice ones, and they can double up as a quick mask.

GreenEyedMonster2014 Tue 19-Apr-16 07:47:03

I don't know much about first/second cleansers but I came across this post and thought I would suggest Apple Cider Vinegar as a cleanser.. It's cheap, it works a charm (just google the benefits of ACV), its antibacterial which helps clean out pores and it also tones the skin so is a cleanser and toner in one. I use it, and I have oily skin and it has cleared up my skin in days! Also, don't worry too much about the vinegar smell, it vanishes after about 5mins. Hope this helps

Blueberry234 Tue 19-Apr-16 09:42:09

Thanks all

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now