Talk

Advanced search

Ear Lobe repair

(9 Posts)
Flushedwithsomething Sun 17-Apr-16 18:23:13

Has anyone had surgery to repair at streched ear piercing? I only ever wear studs but one of my holes has stretched so much I can now see the back of my earring from the front! Yuck! Btw this is a standard piercing not a tunnel type thing. If tou have had it done would you recommend it and how much did it cost? Thank you

Elizabethreallyismissing Sun 17-Apr-16 18:54:28

Watching with interest! Mine are quite stretched too!

PixieMiss Mon 18-Apr-16 11:12:46

Have you tried massaging the lobe with emu oil?

Usually stitching is only performed when the lobe has been stretched beyond repair. (Usually 20mm+)

Dancergirl Mon 18-Apr-16 11:20:32

Funny, I was going to post something very similar!

I have just had one side re-pierced, the piercer had to go quite high or there is a risk the two holes would meet hmm

Wondering if it can be glued back together? Don't they use glue instead of stitches now on children with wounds?

Flushedwithsomething Mon 18-Apr-16 12:38:19

Thank you - I ve never heard of emu oil? Will investigate. I'd say the hole is 4mm across - defo impossible to wear earrings now - shame as they are my favourite type of adornment!

Flushedwithsomething Mon 18-Apr-16 12:38:49

Dancergirl - glue idea interesting! Going to ask my doctor.

Flushedwithsomething Tue 19-Apr-16 15:24:52

Teensy bump

MrsLettuce Tue 19-Apr-16 19:42:30

They can certainly be repaired, yes. It's more commonly done when people have stretched their lobes on purpose ( thus ) and then had enough of it. It's a surgical procedure though, not just a case of gluing intact skin together. Once fully healed the ears can be re-pierced.

BieneBiene Wed 20-Apr-16 06:55:02

At 4mm (and not having gone up to 10 previously) they should shrink down down regular oil massages and no earring in for a long time.

Or you could just buy some plugs and go with it grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now