Talk

Advanced search

Help me create a full set of makeup brushes

(4 Posts)
MeadowHay Sat 16-Apr-16 22:48:47

I don't wear makeup much. I want to start wearing it more, at least eye makeup. It is going to take some time to practice and get it right because I have coordination difficulties, but I have some lovely eyeshadow palettes now that I want to use more. Thing is, I have hardly any brushes. I'm only just learning this malarky of having like 3 or 4 different colours on your lid at once and then blending them all and things from watching a few Youtube tutorials today. So I guess that means I need quite a few brushes. I was wondering if you could help me create a full 'set' of makeup brushes, maybe tell me what your set is like?

All I have:
1 Ecotools kabuki brush (for my powder foundation)
1 foundation brush from The Body Shop (for my BB cream)
2 eyeshadow brushes from The Body Shop
2 eyeshadow brushes that are in the Urban Decay Naked palette
2 little cheapo eyeshadow brushes that are in my Sleek eye shadow palette
1 eyelash/eyebrow brush thing

What else do I need? Blusher brush? More eyeshadow brushes? Product recommendations please!

BennyTheBall Sat 16-Apr-16 23:06:11

Depends on your budget. I have Suqqu blusher and eyeshadow brushes - but they are expensive (and worth it).

I also have No7, Paula Dorf, MAC and ELF. The ELF brushes are ridiculously cheap (I get them in Target, not sure if you can get them in UK). I also buy brushes for fine lining from my local art supply shop.

I am a bit of a brush addict blush

donadumaurier Sun 17-Apr-16 11:21:40

If you like the eco tools brush, they do an essentials set which is brilliant www.boots.com/en/EcoTools-Bamboo-6-Piece-Brush-Set_1051154/

MrsT2007 Sun 17-Apr-16 12:38:05

ELF are online here.

My sister is a TV MUA and bought me a stippling brush for foundation which rocks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now