Talk

Advanced search

Putting your whole wardrobe on Pinterest...

(21 Posts)
stumblymonkey Sat 16-Apr-16 16:36:27

I can't remember which MN user originally suggested this but it's bloody genius.

This morning I photographed all of my clothes, scarves, shoes and handbags and added them to a Pinterest board.

No more trawling through the wardrobe to figure out what to wear....no more beautiful but forgotten shoes or handbags going unused because I've forgotten that I have them.

I'm also now able to easily look at what I have to decide if anything needs to go or whether I'm missing something to build a more capsule type wardrobe....

Thank you dear MN who posted this idea originally...it has rocked my sad little world! grin

Choughed Sat 16-Apr-16 16:51:10

Ooh genius! I am definitely going to do this!

Ememem84 Sat 16-Apr-16 17:01:52

Great idea. I started taking pictures of all the outfits I wore for a month. Challenged myself and team at work to wear a different outfit every day. I was suprised that I managed almost 2 months without wearing the exact same outfit.

I have all the pictures on my phone so I can just have a flip through.

SingingSands Sat 16-Apr-16 17:04:46

What a good idea! Did you photograph your clothes individually, or as combined outfits?
I love Pinterest.

seefeld Sat 16-Apr-16 17:09:56

Brilliant idea! I've been adding new spring/summer purchases to a board but hadn't thought of going through my wardrobe in its entirety. Would be so helpful!

JaneJeffer Sat 16-Apr-16 17:36:02

I just pin things that are similar to what I have. I don't have so much stuff that I forget anyway, but it can give you an idea of putting things together in a different way. I'm too lazy to photograph all my clothes.

stumblymonkey Sat 16-Apr-16 17:39:54

I photographed everything individually....I have to say that this was after 'Kondo-ing' my clothes so there was less to photo than there used to be.

Still a few bits to do that are in the laundry but should be easy to keep up now as I buy most of my clothes on eBay these days so I can just automatically store the photo on Pinterest when I win the auction...

I'm thinking the next step will be using a collage app to put outfits together (quicker than doing photos all over again!)...

stumblymonkey Sat 16-Apr-16 17:40:34

I'm going to do my jewellery too as that's another thing where I wear the same stuff over and over and forget what I have!

SingingSands Sat 16-Apr-16 18:02:06

Collage app is a brilliant idea.
In the olden days, I had a notebook and wrote down outfit combos that worked with my clothes. I used one page per main item , wrote it as a heading and then wrote underneath what worked with it.

SmellOfPythonInTheMorning Sat 16-Apr-16 18:03:34

There's an app called Stylebook that lets you do that and then gives you nice stats on usage, you can group things together for trips, etc. It is rather good but I'm lazy and have kind of forgotten about it.

Choughed Sun 17-Apr-16 15:21:42

Quick question, I've taken photos of all my clothes but can only upload them one at a time. Any tips on how to speed this up? Thanks.

DD (8yo) decided to help by photographing all of my pants. She thought it highly amusing grin

LumpySpacedPrincess Sun 17-Apr-16 15:56:07

How do you upload photos to pinterest, I'm confooslebobbed?

LumpySpacedPrincess Sun 17-Apr-16 15:57:09

How do you upload pictures to pinterest?

Choughed Sun 17-Apr-16 15:59:13

Lumpy - create a board then click on the + symbol on the bottom right of the screen (that's from a PC anyway).

Choughed Sun 17-Apr-16 16:03:13

I've just dragged and dropped files from my folder onto the board. That also seems to be working...

Floisme Sun 17-Apr-16 16:03:19

I don't get this at all. I love looking through my wardrobe and rediscovering stuff whereas I find scrolling through loads of photos really tedious. Am I missing something?

Choughed Sun 17-Apr-16 16:04:57

Horses for courses Flo. I have less than optimal wardrobe space so it's a pain to search through mine.

BriteRainbowBright Sun 17-Apr-16 16:08:34

Stylebook app is brilliant for this smile

Floisme Sun 17-Apr-16 16:11:03

Thanks Choughed - I just wondered if I was missing a trick smile

LumpySpacedPrincess Sun 17-Apr-16 16:13:30

Worked it out, wish you could do more than one image at a time. Great idea though, I've just Kondood too which makes it so much easier!

LumpySpacedPrincess Sun 17-Apr-16 16:17:14

Hurrah, you can drag and drop them straight from Google photos so don't need to upload at all! I've got a mannequin so I can make the pictures look good.

So excited!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now