Where can I get inexpensive white jeans that don't show my knickers through them?

(9 Posts)
StephenKatz Sat 16-Apr-16 08:35:13

I'm channelling my inner Elizabeth Hurley and have decided I really fancy some white jeans for the summer grin

I need some fairly cheap ones because I'll inevitability rub some strawberry jam on them or something, but the Primark ones I tried the other day were so thin you could see through them! Has anyone had any success anywhere else?

Pinickins Sat 16-Apr-16 08:47:13

I got a good pair in River Isand last year. Think they were about £40 though.

Wilding Sat 16-Apr-16 08:50:18

Gap?

Wilding Sat 16-Apr-16 08:51:06

Of course, you could just not wear knickers, that should solve the problem wink

Savagebeauty Sat 16-Apr-16 08:51:25

Wear nude coloured knickers, not white. And shorts style.
Or go commando grin

StephenKatz Sat 16-Apr-16 08:55:52

Ha! Commando in jeans in the summer, I get thrush far too frequently as it is grin Nude shorts are a good idea though. £40 is a bit steep unfortunately, but I do have a Gap outlet nearby so i'll try them!

naffedoff Sat 16-Apr-16 09:16:01

I had the same issue last year - tried on lots of pairs but all see-through or far too clingy.
In the end I picked some up in Sainsburys for £12. Thick cotton with some stretch and not clingy or see-through. I think they're named 'slim fit' instead of 'skinny' but they were skinny on me (size 12).

GiveMyHeadPeaceffs Sat 16-Apr-16 09:22:33

I love Next jeans... Find a pair you really like and then trawl eBay. I've got most of my decent clothes (all names) from ebay for next to nothing so I actually wear them and don't keep them "for good" smile

Cakescakescakes Sat 16-Apr-16 09:24:24

Nude coloured pants! Job done.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now