Talk

Advanced search

A foundation which hides freckles

(10 Posts)
Alisvolatpropiis Sat 16-Apr-16 01:10:45

Yes, I know I should love my freckles but today I used a filter which it turns out erased them. It appears that not only do I prefer my freckle free face but so do 50+ Facebook friends, I'm sure they don't realise that they're anti freckles but they are.

So what foundation could I use to hide freckles without having a mask like finish?

fabulousathome Sat 16-Apr-16 01:18:49

I don't know the answer but I'd like to. I too have freckles and never know what colour foundation is best. I'd love to have a freckle free face occasionally.

bobthebuddha Sat 16-Apr-16 01:20:11

Noooooo!

Alisvolatpropiis Sat 16-Apr-16 01:46:36

I don't mean all the time, I do generally speaking like my freckles but without them I do look dramatically different but in a subtle way most would be hard pushed to pin point.

lcoc2015 Sat 16-Apr-16 02:37:33

Estee lauder double wear - or really any medium to heavy foundation. I find it better to match the foundation to the skin rather than the freckle and then apply nronzer to reintroduce a bit of colour to the face. The Mac counter girls always try to match to the freckle colour and it looks terrible!

Alisvolatpropiis Sat 16-Apr-16 08:25:38

Ooh matching to freckle colour sounds BAD!

I'll hunt out a double wear dupe for DW thanks, i've used the light version before but am currently on mat leave so budget does not stretch to high end foundations <sigh>

lcoc2015 Sat 16-Apr-16 15:24:40

I've heard revlon colorstay is a good dupe. This blogger rates the l'oreal one too

lifeisshortbuythemakeup.blogspot.ie/2015/06/estee-lauder-double-wear-foundation-dupe.html?m=1

I find using a high spf all year round keeps mine suppressed also (i don't have cute ones...more a splodgy irish type!)

Also i use a daily moisturiser with "a touch of sunshine" i.e. fake tan. Its an oil of olay one in a yellow tube. Recommended by sali hughes for us palies! Most fake tan breaks me out but this doesnt and gives me a more even coloured complexion. Might work for you too?

Ilovetorrentialrain Sat 16-Apr-16 16:15:11

What *bobthebuddha& said!

(Though if you seriously want a recommendation I used Maybeline BB cream once and it was pretty full coverage - hid my freckles and I have loads - this a was not the intention though, I didn't continue to use it).

Ilovetorrentialrain Sat 16-Apr-16 16:15:31

bobthebuddha

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sat 16-Apr-16 19:09:13

Max factor miracle illusion really good coverage as is Colourstay.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now