Talk

Advanced search

Bought a couple of Boden dresses. Is it all downhill from here??

(33 Posts)
Cerseirys Fri 15-Apr-16 18:39:49

In my defence I don't think they're mumsy. Now off to look at the Hush website. And maybe Toast...

shirkingworking Fri 15-Apr-16 20:41:45

Heh...they've got (slightly) trendier and do wash well wink

I've got one that I picked up in a charity shop. I do feel dull in it, but it's really easy for work and washes well. I'd probably buy a few more if a) they had a real shop instead of online and b) they did more dark colours and fewer stupid patterns

BatmanLovesMarmite Fri 15-Apr-16 21:09:52

I got two in TKMaxx today for £20 each. One is a shirt dress in slightly Bonkers Boden print (but not too alarming to look at grin ) and the other is a bit Orla Kiely looking.

BatmanLovesMarmite Fri 15-Apr-16 21:12:55

I'm much more bothered about the fact I also bought some sandals... made by Crocs shock I hate Crocs, am vocal about my hate for Crocs... but these are so nice! And comfortable.

I may as well start wearing cold cream and beige cardigans with baggy elbows sad

mizu Fri 15-Apr-16 21:15:44

Nowt wrong with a bit of Toast - washes well...........

Cerseirys Fri 15-Apr-16 21:15:51

It was actually three dresses but am returning one as it definitely falls on the mumsy side. They do have some nice stuff but it's a bit overpriced, no?

SueTrinder Fri 15-Apr-16 21:19:11

I think you have to add the link so we can judge/drool depending on our Boden hating/loving tendencies.

MartinRohdesBellybuttonFluff Fri 15-Apr-16 21:25:07

Yy to photos please!

I've worn a few Boden dresses over the years. Felt great wearing a casual jersey number one day until I was enthusiastically congratulated on my pregnancy blush (I'm apple shaped and wasn't pregnant at the time). Off to the charity shop it went!

Cerseirys Fri 15-Apr-16 21:29:58

These two. Navy one I'll wear with my patent leather red peep-toe heels and the orange one with some tan wedges.

Cerseirys Sat 16-Apr-16 09:26:11

Hmm, should I take the lack of responses to mean you've all fainted from shock as the dresses are hideous and should be returned??

DingbatsFur Sat 16-Apr-16 09:29:07

I bought the blackberry dress in navy the other day. Wore it once but returning because I feel like it looks like a shop uniform.
Ruched skirt was good though.

Oly5 Sat 16-Apr-16 09:56:49

I love Boden dresses and live in the Blackberry dress in summer, always paired with a bright leather belt. Not mumsy at all. As long as you accessorise Boden with modern accessories and shoes I think it looks great. I love the quality. Mostly but plain and stripes though... The prints ARE mumsy

MartinRohdesBellybuttonFluff Sat 16-Apr-16 10:42:35

Sorry Cerseirys, they are both lovely for summer smile

Agree with what Oly5 says.

WellTidy Sat 16-Apr-16 10:49:59

Oly, I have two blackberry dresses. One is navy with white stripes, the other is like an orange red. I bought them last summer. What colours do you have, and what colour and width belts do you pair them with please? I like the idea of adding a belt, but don't have a clue what type!

Op, I have a similar style Boden dress to that orange and white one. Not the same colours or pattern, but same style. I really like mine too. They tend to do something along those lines every season.

Cerseirys Sat 16-Apr-16 13:06:37

I have good boobs and good legs but the tummy has never been flat so the orange dress's styling is my ideal shape really.

DingbatsFur Sat 16-Apr-16 15:47:15

Interesting, the blackberry dress did me no favours at all. I'm a tall hourglass shape. I found the waist unflattering.
How did you belt it?

DarkBlueEyes Sat 16-Apr-16 16:05:57

I've probably got about 15 Boden dresses. They fit well and suit my shape. I'm a 50's style silhouette kind of gal, and they work for me. I'm probably beyond redemption in that case....

Dancergirl Sun 17-Apr-16 12:31:48

I like the Janie dress, what colour did you get OP?

Cerseirys Sun 17-Apr-16 14:07:22

The navy, as I'm a sucker for anything nautical.

Oly5 Tue 19-Apr-16 11:56:43

Hello! I use a skinny belt in a bright colour and sit it on the natural waist of the dress. For example, this so sold out now but I have this skinny belt in orange which I wear with the navy, black, and navy and striped Blackberry. You could find similar elsewhere. Makes it far less mumsy
m.boden.co.uk/en-gb/clearance/womens-accessories/belts/ak275/womens-skinny-belt

Frostycake Tue 19-Apr-16 15:28:21

I think they're quite nice actually.

I bought two Boden dresses last year and I look pregnant in them. they're just not me at all. Over to Ebay they go!

I think Hush is a bit floppy and Toast just looks like overalls to me. I think it depends on your body type though.

Eliza22 Tue 19-Apr-16 18:17:03

Depends how they suit when worn. Hush is very overpriced for the quality of material. Toast...eugh.

Cerseirys Tue 19-Apr-16 20:09:51

I've ordered a riches skirt from Hush as the Boden one is a bit too long. I find it hard to walk in anything below the knee length as I take fairly big strides!

Cerseirys Tue 19-Apr-16 20:10:09

Riches skirt? Ruched!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now