Talk

Advanced search

Why can't I find any plain black sunglasses??

(14 Posts)
iwouldgoouttonight Fri 15-Apr-16 09:42:13

Probably being slightly optimistic judging by today's drizzly weather but I want some sunglasses. Plain black frames. Basically like this but without the 'v' detail bit. I like that style and shape with the arm in the middle. And that kind of price too.

Everywhere I've looked I cam only find ones with bits of gold on the frame, or tortoiseshell, or weird shaped lenses, or cut out patterns. I just want black with no nonsense!

iwouldgoouttonight Fri 15-Apr-16 09:47:09

Not sure that link worked. I mean like these.

carrielou2007 Fri 15-Apr-16 09:54:55

I bought 3 pairs in black and 3 pairs in tortoise shell from Primark £1 each! I once sat on a pair of Chanel sunglasses so have had cheapie a ever since still sad

MitzyLeFrouf Fri 15-Apr-16 10:32:16

Pop into your nearest TK Maxx, they'll have loads.

poppym12 Fri 15-Apr-16 10:38:49

i bought some from boots a couple of years ago ( panic buy as i was going for laser eye surgery but had no sunglasses).
these are very similar:
www.boots.com/en/Boots-Womens-Black-Cateye-Sunglasses_1804458/

DoItTooJulia Fri 15-Apr-16 10:40:29

Lidl!! £3 a pair, plain black, big, and surprisingly last quite well. I buy half a dozen pairs and keep them dotted around.

DonkeyOaty Fri 15-Apr-16 10:41:45

Yes Tk maxx

iwouldgoouttonight Fri 15-Apr-16 11:07:09

Thanks all. I've obviously been looking in the wrong places. Going to try Lidl this afternoon. Then if no luck there will try TKmaxx or boots when I can get into town.

BlueLeafTea Fri 15-Apr-16 14:30:20

Definitely primark. I have many pairs like that in various different hues. Black, pink, tortoise shell, beige...you get the idea!

AgathaMystery Fri 15-Apr-16 15:21:41

Primark do them!! I have them & use more than my Prada sunnies now.

DamsonInDistress Fri 15-Apr-16 19:16:05

Unless they have proper EU/BS kitemark stickers or markings for uva & uvb protection then I wouldn't touch Primary/Lidl cheapy sunglasses with a barge pole. Sight is far too precious to risk. Boots do decent ones around the £25-£30 mark, sometimes with polarised lenses too (improves colour contrast & perception).

Alicesmith85 Fri 15-Apr-16 19:24:24

I got a fab pair from new look for £3.99 had the same pair last year x

carrielou2007 Sat 16-Apr-16 15:50:24

The Primark ones I have do have the protection - I am partially sighted and since my last op in Dec I am able to wear a contact lense again in my right eye. I am blind in my left eye and my pupil doesn't change with different amounts of light (I only have a little bit of light perception rather than useable vision) so wear sunglasses even on dull days. I checked with both my optician and at the eye hospital at a recent checkup - they are absolutely fine!

ShesAGreatGas Sat 16-Apr-16 16:02:35

Fendi do this style really well - check TK Maxx, definitely.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now