The Claire Underwood collection and other fantasies

(19 Posts)
YaySirNaySir Thu 14-Apr-16 08:33:53

Please M&S do a Claire Underwood collection. I promise I will buy lots.

Feel free to add your fantasy collection.

Laquila Thu 14-Apr-16 10:04:30

I would TOTALLY buy that!! Wouldn't look like CU in it, but hey ho.

botemp Thu 14-Apr-16 10:13:16

Yes! Though preferably not by M&S tbh... I don't really get why the retail and entertainment industry haven't capitalised on this yet, I'm not all that interested in celebs/quasi-fashion icons and their wardrobes or DVD box sets for that matter but fictional characters and their clothes, yes! Sometimes I look at Game of Thrones and think, "those would make for a nice night dress." And obviously, Mad Men.

M&S can do a Hyacinth Bucket/Bouquet collaboration grin.

tellyjots Thu 14-Apr-16 13:09:40

Alicia Florrick and Diane Lockhart from The Good Wife.

Olivia Pope from Scandal.

Joan from Mad Men.

I would love the Claire Underwood collection too.

Larastheme Thu 14-Apr-16 13:12:12

Difficult to achieve on a low budget, most of Claire underwood 's wardrobe are custom made for the show,by altuzarra which is very ,very expensive,they did a target collab ,and it was horrible,
But surpringly ,Claire's biggest hit,the sweater and white shirt combo, is not very difficult to achieve as the sweater is by mid range brand sandro,

swimster01 Thu 14-Apr-16 13:29:35

I would love the Claire Underwood collection too and I don't think it would be too difficult for the high street to replicate.

WipsGlitter Thu 14-Apr-16 13:32:07

I clicked because I though it was a link. I'd love it. Would need her figure too though!!

angelos02 Thu 14-Apr-16 13:36:39

Robin Wright is so beautiful in such an understated way. I'd love her bone structure.

Radiatorvalves Thu 14-Apr-16 13:44:48

I took a photo of Claire Underwood to the hairdressers...and asked him to replicate it. Well....I don't look exactly like her....but wish I did. I think she is a good 6 inches taller than me, and probably a couple of sizes below me. grin

banivani Thu 14-Apr-16 14:20:48

Oooo!

Also Gillian Anderson in that murder thing. Also something Miss Fisher inspired.

MooMinCow Thu 14-Apr-16 14:41:36

Jessica Pearson from Suits. Not that I would ever have somewhere to wear her outfits but she always looks amazing! Actually all the women have fab outfits (albeit a bit sexy for a law firm?)

ijustwanttobeme Thu 14-Apr-16 14:44:57

Ooh, yeah I'd buy from there.

I'd also like a Rachel Zane/Jessica Pearson (Suits) collection.

All in petite please, as I'm only 4' 11 grin

ijustwanttobeme Thu 14-Apr-16 14:45:36

Cross post with moomin

NoncommittalToSparkleMotion Thu 14-Apr-16 14:47:44

I hoped this was real! sad

Yes to Joan in Mad Men too.

I'd also like Chuck's wardrobe from Pushing Daisies.

MooMinCow Thu 14-Apr-16 14:51:49

Yes to Rachel Zane Ijustwant. I always have pencil skirt envy when I see her outfits, that all fit her perfectly!

banivani Thu 14-Apr-16 17:15:30

There's a blog out there somewhere dedicated to Pam's clothes (from Jessica Jones) - lovely wrap dresses galore. ;)

UpsiLondoes Thu 14-Apr-16 17:45:37

There was an article about what she wore from the man responsible for her wardrobe in the Telegraph

"Of Claire’s wardrobe, a third is custom-made, a third comes courtesy of designers and the remaining is bought from high-end department stores, such as Barneys and Bergdorf Goodman. Absolutely everything is tailored to Wright’s frame on a mannequin built to her exact proportions. “I would tailor the shoes if I could!” says Harris.

While Harris has no trouble securing high-end brands for the show, she can also be credited for introducing smaller labels to the House of Cards audience. In the series, New York designers favoured by Michelle Obama such as Derek Lam and Joseph Altuzarra sit alongside Dolce & Gabbana, Dior, Armani and Ralph Lauren, who created one of Claire’s most talked-about dresses from the last season: the silver gown she wore when hosting the state dinner for the Russian president."

UpsiLondoes Thu 14-Apr-16 17:46:57

Whoops - Kemal Harris is a woman not a man.

YaySirNaySir Thu 14-Apr-16 18:58:35

Sorry if I got anyones hopes up blush

We can still dream.
Off to google some of the other names cheers for them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now