Talk

Advanced search

Is it possible to wear a structured waistcoat without looking like a twat? N.b. Not the waterfall longline sleeveless type.

(4 Posts)
InTheBox Wed 13-Apr-16 16:52:44

I know the sleeveless longline types have been in season for a while but I'm referring to the original, more structured waistcoat. Something like in the pic I attached. And would would you think such a style wouldn't work on a woman with large breasts? I don't have enormous breasts but equally I don't want to draw attention to them either.

Sonotkylie Wed 13-Apr-16 19:11:12

I wear one (mainly in winter!) over 32g. I normally wear it over a long sleeve t shirt, with a soft fullish skirt or flares for contrast. Wide leg trousers would work too, but I look like a spanner in them. I think it looks good and have had compliments. I think the v neck is good as a distraction from a large bust, but it probably depends on the cut. Straining buttons wouldn't work so well!

Floisme Wed 13-Apr-16 19:44:28

Oh that used to be my favourite outfit: tailored trousers, man's waistcoat over L/sleeved white T and brogues. Did I look a twat? Possibly but hey, it made me happy.

I was very flat chested in those days but don't think large breasts would be a problem, provided it fitted well. Or it could be left open.

iMatter Wed 13-Apr-16 20:02:01

I still have my old waistcoat that's worn without a shirt (you wear a jacket over it in a 3 piece suit style). I think I got it from jaeger about 15ish years ago and it still looks fab.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now