Talk

Advanced search

Christening

(5 Posts)
LBOCS2 Wed 13-Apr-16 14:59:22

I have a sartorial dilemma. As it appears that all my friends and family are Godless heathens, I've made it to 31 without ever having attended a christening. I have now been invited to one in June and am sort of vaguely planning my outfit - which is likely to require the purchase of something new as (if this baby ever deigns to join us) I will be c. 2 months postnatal with wobbly bits and breastfeeding.

What are the rules on christening wear? Is it much the same as weddings? Or more/less fancy? I've seen a couple of bits I quite like but they're more jersey than lined cotton (works better for nork access) and I don't know if they're not 'structured' enough. But breastfeeding dresses make me want to kill myself as they're generally covered in flaps and panels and hideously unflattering.

Help?!

AnguaResurgam Wed 13-Apr-16 17:45:22

Christening are old-fashioned 'Sunday best' rather than full-on wedding smart.

What have you seen in jersey? Because it's likely to be fine, if it's along the lines of wrap/jacket/good accessories (as opposed to t-shirt/grunge)

LBOCS2 Wed 13-Apr-16 19:07:17

It was something along these lines I was thinking, with a jacket and smart shoes.

LBOCS2 Wed 13-Apr-16 19:08:45

They also have a halterneck version which might be easier to get boob access in - also with jacket or cardigan and decent shoes.

AnguaResurgam Wed 13-Apr-16 19:10:40

I think that would be fine!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now