Talk

Advanced search

Boden mac dry clean only

(12 Posts)
Greengardenpixie Tue 12-Apr-16 19:19:36

Has anyone washed it? I cba dry cleaning! It has a fleece lining and lined with the same in the pockets. Just wondering if I should chance it.

MrsLogicFromViz Tue 12-Apr-16 20:45:01

Do you mean the Rainy Day Mac? If so, I've washed it after a late night overindulgence. It's fine!

Greengardenpixie Tue 12-Apr-16 21:03:00

im not sure. i bought it ages ago.

this one

Greengardenpixie Tue 12-Apr-16 21:04:17

sorry that didn't work

Greengardenpixie Wed 13-Apr-16 06:54:21

Anyone else before I doom it to the washing machine???

banivani Wed 13-Apr-16 08:02:23

I washed a corduroy Boden coat I bought from eBay in the machine and of course it was grand. I had to do it because it came with a charming musty smell I recognised from my childhood as the wardrobe smell of houses that aren't heated properly because people in those countries use central heating like a fire. (Grumble, pet peeve) However the leather or pleather details suffered, they wore out very fast. Sometimes it's the buttons or other accessories that can't take the water, or just that it won't press out as nice afterwards. Dry cleaning is rubbish. Id do it but depends on how much I paid and how old the coat is!

Greengardenpixie Wed 13-Apr-16 08:06:20

Thanks.
I think the problem with the coat will be the fact that it is a waterproof type material on the outside and a fleece on the inside. The fleece may shrink slightly and may pull to the waterproofing. All the other accessories are plastic. I hate dry cleaning and actually most of the dry cleaning shops have closed down near me.

banivani Wed 13-Apr-16 08:32:31

God I'd never worry about fleece shrinking to be honest. hmm it's just never happened with a plain fleece jumper so why would it with a lining... But you're right, if it did it would ruin it. I'd still chance a cold wash, like a wool wash. smile

Greengardenpixie Wed 13-Apr-16 08:34:49

Thanks. Think I am going to just chance it smile

Bybbyeblackbird Wed 13-Apr-16 08:37:56

Word of warning. I washed a waterproof jacket in the machine and it was no longer waterproof!

Greengardenpixie Wed 13-Apr-16 09:07:50

You can buy a spray to waterproof it again or i am sure you can buy a waterproof wash.Nixwax do a techwash.

banivani Wed 13-Apr-16 09:36:24

Don't overspin it in the spin cycle I'd say, it could crease. And yeah, the waterproofing might need re-doing. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now