Any sandals wider than Birkenstocks but NOT too sporty/Velcro ish?

(11 Posts)
BettyBi0 Mon 11-Apr-16 15:57:14

My flabby feet appear to have grown even wider this pregnancy and aren't even fitting comfortably into my Birkenstocks - the cork bed is a tiny bit too narrow.

Any good alternative suggestions? I generally like fairly plain leather, not too dressy, not too thin soles as I walk miles on pavements.

The only ones that seemed to fit me on a recent shopping attempt were some really ugly Velcro adjustable black sporty kind of sandals. I wanted to cry as it looked like I had fat old lady trotters which really didn't go with the rest of my nice shirt dress outfit.

ThomasHardyPerennial Mon 11-Apr-16 16:54:03

What style of Birkenstocks do you have? I find different styles can be wider than others, so might be able to help with Birkenstocks!

BettyBi0 Tue 12-Apr-16 09:24:36

I've got Birkenstock Madrid and Mayaris but the cork bed is just a bit too narrow with both now which creates a pinchy overspill confused

ThomasHardyPerennial Thu 14-Apr-16 22:43:32

The rio and bali styles I have are much wider than something with a toe-post like kairo. They are all the same fitting according to the little foot symbol on the sole. Depends if you like an ankle strap though, which I do.

Lululooselips Fri 15-Apr-16 17:16:03

Try papillio Birkenstocks they seem to be wider usually, if your usual ones are narrow fit then a wide pair might do ?

MrsSchadenfreude Fri 15-Apr-16 18:33:02

Try Naot - eBay or TK Maxx often have them cheap.

NorbertDentressangle Fri 15-Apr-16 18:38:31

I think Mephisto are either wide fit or do a wide fit - not sure which, you'd need to check . Lots of Birkenstock-style ones too (cork foot bed, toe-posts etc)

ggirl Fri 15-Apr-16 18:56:14

fitflop do a wide foot on most of their sandals
they are extremely comfortable but not to everyones taste

cece Fri 15-Apr-16 18:59:36

Try the Sydney or Arizona style

VilootShesCute Fri 15-Apr-16 19:01:46

What about saltwater sandals by toast?

MissTurnstiles Fri 15-Apr-16 21:04:43

How big are your feet? Men's Birkenstocks are wider IME so if you are at least a 7/41 then that may be an option.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now