Talk

Advanced search

Sandals for plantar fasciitis - fit flops and Birkenstocks don't help

(13 Posts)
anotherdayanothersquabble Mon 11-Apr-16 14:49:12

I need a toe post, the heel needs to slightly higher than the ball of the foot but not an actual heel. I've looked on the other sandal thread and didn't see anything I loved so looking for other suggestions. I am a SAHM, I wear dresses and short trousers, very casual, slightly hippy.

Lovemusic33 Mon 11-Apr-16 15:02:39

I bought a pair of these last summer after not getting on with Birkenstocks, stumbled across them accidentally, tried them on ( not really planing on buying sandals ) and ended up taking them home, they seem more comfortable than Birkenstocks and the toe post part doesn't www.moshulu.co.uk/ladies/sandals/wilma_bright_pistachio.htm

Lovemusic33 Mon 11-Apr-16 15:03:05

Meant to say 'doesn't rub'

anotherdayanothersquabble Mon 11-Apr-16 20:51:34

Thank you. They look quite flat, are they??

CiderwithBuda Mon 11-Apr-16 23:24:38

Try a website called SimplyFeet. They do lots that are suitable for plantar fasciitis. A brand called Vionic is particularly good.

CreviceImp Tue 12-Apr-16 00:35:11

When I had it I found Fly London lower wedge style sandals helped enormously.

Lovemusic33 Tue 12-Apr-16 08:17:24

Bgthey are quite flat, slightly higher at the back, there are other styles with a wedge, they are similar to Birkenstocks but not as hard ( Birkenstocks killed my feet ).

AlisonWunderland Tue 12-Apr-16 08:21:13

Strive.
I wear noting else.

I wear a size down in their sandals, and my true size for their shoes

CiderwithBuda Tue 12-Apr-16 10:12:43

Quite like some of those Strive sandals - thanks Alison.

Pandsbear Tue 12-Apr-16 10:18:00

Another yes to Vionic. They are the only sandals I can wear without having to use my prescribed insoles because of the way the arch and heel are hard moulded. Not the most amazing style collection (and some are not leather) but being able to wear open-toed sandals is great otherwise i have to wear closed shoes all summer.

I hadn't heard of Strive but having looked, the shoes are on a similar basis to Vionic so I will look at those as well thanks.

Hatefeelingdown Tue 12-Apr-16 14:22:30

Thanks for the tip about Vionic. I too have plantar fasciitis, I've been wearing insoles which do help, but I've just found some amazing vionic mules online smile

Kaffiene Tue 12-Apr-16 15:44:55

Croc Capri V are the only flip flops I can wear. Will check out the other sandals now though

AlisonWunderland Tue 12-Apr-16 18:39:44

Strive take a bit of getting used to , as they have a very solid inner sole with a very high supportive arch.
I didn't think I would like them as I imagined the synthetic inner sole getting hot and sweaty and smelly. But it doesn't, also you can wipe then inner over with a wet wipe, they don't stain like leather does.
You need to get used to the arch and they suggest gradually increasing the hours you wear them.

Howver they are the first sandals I have ever had that I didnt have to "break" in the leather or they gave me blisters.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now